MOS:08xx ? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MOS:08xx ?

an 0861 is deployed and very much in the fight...the 0811s are firing their guns in afghanistan...an 0861 is pretty much a grunt with a brain, so if you plan on being an 0861 make sure you know your infantry **** too, because more or less youll be attached to the grunts when you deploy in their weapons platoon. i am with 1st ANGLICO so we do things a little different than regular 0861s, but as an 0861 you WILL see a lot of combat and be in the thick of the fight when you deploy...however, make sure you are good at math because the 0861 job requires it

Quote Originally Posted by we51a View Post
    an 0861 is deployed and very much in the fight...the 0811s are firing their guns in afghanistan...an 0861 is pretty much a grunt with a brain, so if you plan on being an 0861 make sure you know your infantry **** too, because more or less youll be attached to the grunts when you deploy in their weapons platoon. i am with 1st ANGLICO so we do things a little different than regular 0861s, but as an 0861 you WILL see a lot of combat and be in the thick of the fight when you deploy...however, make sure you are good at math because the 0861 job requires it
    Shut up. I guess I don't know how to call for fire.

Its not calling for fire that makes a 61. what takes skill is adjusting rounds on target, without wasting half of the rounds the battery has.

anybody can get lucky using a vector.

The vector is pretty sweet. I've only looked through it once and it was as binos. We never had one when we used 81s...compass and azimuth.

we used them for about a week at ft sill. they are pretty sweet, but you have to calibrate them right and often or else your ****s gonna be ****ed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Backhaus 1103 View Post
    Shut up. I guess I don't know how to call for fire.
    anyone who's ever left the wire, hell most of those that havent left the wire could do a basic call for fire, its not hard. there's a lot more that goes into being an 0861 than the basic call for fire. we used a lot of 81s down range, but being with ANGLICO most of the work we do involves aircraft, which is a lot more tedious than indirect fires.

Thread Information