Medical Question? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not no Dr, but rest means rest! In my opinion...no pushups, no pullups, no weight lifting. Anything that involves putting a strain on your wrist right now, is a no-no.
    Tendonitis is nothing to fool around with. I have achilles tendonitis and it's very painful at times. The only thing that helps is getting therapy and resting it. I just had surgery for the tendonitis and also spurs, one that was growing on the tendon. Not that this has anything to do with your wrist....but listen to your Dr and give it rest!!! You don't want a small injury to turn into something big.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I will second LASWMarine. Having suffered tendinitis several times in knees and wrists, the only thing is to do what your doctor told you to do, and REST the wrist.

No weights, no pullups, no pushups, no playing with yourself, period. The less you stress the wrist the faster it will heal. Get a wrist brace and wear it during the day. I will add that after about three days of icing, or after obvious swelling has gone down, you can switch to moist heat a few times per day.

There are lots of other parts of your body that you can keep in shape in the meantime. You will just have to deal with the lack of upper body exercise until the wrist is healed (about two or three-weeks IF you rest it).

Or, you can just ignore your doctor and those of us who have BTDT and do what you want, and cry when MEPS dumps you at the last second. But cry someplace else other than here.

I understand what you are saying Marines, but what if my strength goes down for my pull ups on the IST. Thanks for your response MARINES. I will just run, run, and run more, and do sprints, and abs, abs, and more abs. Once again thanks for your responses Marines

You're not going to lose a whole lot of strength just by giving your wrist pleanty of rest.
    Like Zulu 36 said..."the less you stress the wrist, the faster is will heal."
    Now...rest that wrist, and that's an order!

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    You're not going to lose a whole lot of strength just by giving your wrist pleanty of rest.
    Like Zulu 36 said..."the less you stress the wrist, the faster is will heal."
    Now...rest that wrist, and that's an order!

YES MAM.

I have another question.

What type of workouts should i do for lower body, and things along that line?

THANKS FOR YOUR RESPONSE MARINE

You're Welcome...and I'll leave the lower body workout for someone else to answer, as I'm not no fitness expert on that.
    You are resting that wrist, aren't you.....

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    You're Welcome...and I'll leave the lower body workout for someone else to answer, as I'm not no fitness expert on that.
    You are resting that wrist, aren't you.....
    YES MAM I am ging to rest my wrist for a couple of weeks. I will focus more on my running, crunches, and losing about 10 more lbs. THANKS AGAIN MARINE

Thread Information