Marine literature
Create Post

Marine literature

Marines,

I'm looking for some literature that pertains to Marine Corps history, boot camp, or even memoirs of current/past Marines. I love to read this type of literature and learn its valuable message. I have already ordered "Devil Dog Diary" and "Making the Corps" upon recommendation.

I would appreciate it very much.

Respectfully,
    Poolee Timmons

Quote Originally Posted by atimmons View Post
    Marines,

I'm looking for some literature that pertains to Marine Corps history, boot camp, or even memoirs of current/past Marines. I love to read this type of literature and learn its valuable message. I have already ordered "Devil Dog Diary" and "Making the Corps" upon recommendation.

I would appreciate it very much.

Respectfully,
    Poolee Timmons
    This is the site my wife and I use.

http://www.militarybookclub.com/

They'll have just about anything you could think of and this way, you can look and see what interests you.

First to Fight is a great book and I believe its on the the CMC's reading list.

Thank you Marines.

The March Up and No True Glory are two books my Bing West that are 100% Marine Corps. The March Up is about the invasion of Iraq and taking Baghdad and No True Glory is about the Battle Of Fallujah. both good books that give you an idea of what being a combat Marine is all about in this day and age.

Thank you Marine.

Marines, if you would I have one more question about literature:

Can someone recommend an updated book on Marine Corps history?

Respectfully,
    Poolee Timmons

Quote Originally Posted by Melancon View Post
    First to Fight is a great book and I believe its on the the CMC's reading list.
    read this. you won't regret it. i own a signed copy.

Thank you Marine. I have that book on its way.

Thread Information