Who??? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who???

Credits
    Savings

Cover

Colonel Ripley was serving as a "COVAN"....Advisor to the South Viet Namese Marine Corps. He is wearing "French" Tiger stripe Cammies and a French Beret, all remnents of the French Colonial era of Indo-China! (He is wearing the uniforn of the So. Viet Namese Marines.)

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    So, I'm two for two. What do I get? LOL. This might be a good idea, quizzes and all. (Col. Ripley-The Bridge at Dong Ha)

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Doc,,
    "At the age of 13, he was enrolled as an apprentice with the United States Marine Corps Band."

How does that make him a Marine? I gotta go do some research.
    A Marine is a rifleman first, not a tuba player.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparkie View Post
    Doc,,A Marine is a rifleman first, not a tuba player.
    LOL! That was funny as hell!

How does that make him a Marine? I gotta go do some research.
    A Marine is a rifleman first, not a tuba player.
    Betcha haven't checked into the President's Own then. They're enlisted into the Marine Corps as a SSgt and go through a two weeks customs and courtesies class as their boot camp.

Then again, they have a harp in their rank instead of crossed rifles.

Hotel, would you ever take commands from one of them, even in garrison?

Credits
    Savings
    Images

Cool The Bridge at Dong Ha

He was also a Graduate and served with the British Royal Marine Commando's that ain't no French Beret.Also the only U.S.Marine too ever become a Member of the U.S.ARMY "RANGER" Hall of Fame.Semper~Fi~Col. it will be a Grand Reunion Someday.

They mostly keep to themselves, SSgt. You'd only really see them out and about at 8th & I. I'd give them the proper greeting of the day just in case I really had to, but from my understanding they realize they're in a fantasy Marine Corps and don't take advantage of it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hotel4341 View Post
    They mostly keep to themselves, SSgt. You'd only really see them out and about at 8th & I. I'd give them the proper greeting of the day just in case I really had to, but from my understanding they realize they're in a fantasy Marine Corps and don't take advantage of it.

One of my daughter's HS teachers is former Marine Corps Band member. He said they are all told in no uncertain terms that they have ZERO command authority over regular Marines, except those assigned to band support staff, and then only as it relates to their job in band support.

The Drum Majors, on the other hand, ARE regular Marines, so a junior Marine wouldn't want to play silly games with them.

Gee, that wasn't in the movie,,,,,,,,,
    sorry Sparkie it was the first part of the moive he was the Band Sgt. of the Marine Corps resigned because he wanted to make more money

Recruit Training (Boot Camp)
    Marine Band members are the only members of the U.S. Armed Services not required to undergo recruit training.
    The Marine Band's mission is "to provide music and perform such other functions as are directed by the President of the United States and the Commandant of the Marine Corps." Unlike other Marine Corps musical units, the Marine Band has no assigned secondary combat role, and its members are exempt from all such training. Marine Band musicians report to Washington fully trained to perform their primary duties in the accomplishment of the band’s unique musical mission. Therefore, there is no requirement for band members to undergo recruit training.
    New band members are instructed by the Drum Major in appropriate military and band-related subjects. This ongoing process of instruction gives each musician essential knowledge about his or her role in the U.S. Marine Corps

Thread Information