New Swim Quals - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Swim Quals

Polizei!!! you finished! when the crap was that? congratulations.

and that looks exactly the same as mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    Polizei!!! you finished! when the crap was that? congratulations.

and that looks exactly the same as mine.
    Ditto, looks just like the one I was issued, I still have mine. AKA "Inspector Gadget" coat.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Yea....we were the first to not get an all weather coat or any blue issues.

Well, maybe not the first, but the only ones I know about.
    My Company in boot was the first to start getting issued Dress Blues again. (No all weather coats though.)

Quote Originally Posted by 0231Marine View Post
    They were doing the full MCMAP program before that. I went to boot in October 2002 and we did it then and I know they had it prior to that.

Also, if you look at his profile, it says he came in the Marine Corps in 2001

As for my first...we were the first series to receive the new MarPat Cammies when they came out.
    we didnt have to do any mcmap on my first enlistment..there was buzz about it right before i got out (november 2003) in my second command it was required, but not really enforced...hell im still rocking a web belt. but i am currently scheduled to go through all of the training up to green belt.

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    Yea....we were the first to not get an all weather coat or any blue issues.

Well, maybe not the first, but the only ones I know about.
    i still have never worn my all weather coat...you can have mine if you want

Quote Originally Posted by polizei View Post

nothing new about that coat
    same one i got in boot camp

maybe he means that it's "NEW" like never been worn???

hehe I love it, we go from swim quals to all weather coats in two pages.

Quote Originally Posted by Petz View Post
    there's an all new all-weather coat? you got pictures?
    What are you all talking about? I didn't say it was new. I said we didn't get issued one, at all.

Mass confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    i still have never worn my all weather coat...you can have mine if you want
    Actually I bought one off a Marine that had gotten orders to Pendleton when I was in MOS school. Paid him 5 bucks for it cause he didn't want it cluttering up his sea bag.

The all-new whether coat looks like the old one...but that's no surprise.

I went to BC in '01 and was maybe the second Company to do MCMAP. We still got our EGA after the Crucible, though. I hear they give you a MCMAP belt now....gay.

I thought they stopped issuing Blues in like the 80's because too many people were going to Saigon Sam's (or wherever) and pawning them.

They apparently started issuing Blues again and those who did not receive them in BC can now get a free issue.

Many many people have trouble passing CWS-4 in the 'old qual...which simply equates to swimming from one side of the pool to the other and tread water for a few minutes (in utilities, no boots). Oh and like doing the abandon ship technique (jumping in the pool with a 30 inch clearance from what you jump off of). So, don't necessarily believe everything that is said in bootcamp. But who knows...they redid the rifle range and made the CFT...so maybe some officer somewhere is looking for a Bronze Star by writing a proposal for a new swim qual.

the funny thing about them pawning the blues is that you're still responsible for maintaining them. SOOOO I'd say you're making that up.

and you don't get a free issue, you still have to pay out of your pocket, you just get reimbursed in your clothing allowance through 2011 at which point everyone will be required to maintain a blues coat.

and there IS a new swim qual, serious... do you even KNOW what you are talking about guy?

Well I asked the SDI's wife and she said that they did change the swim quals at MCRDSD and that Kilo co is the first to go through the new ones. Apparently all of the recruits are at swim qual 4.

Twinx, don't worry about him. I don't think you need to give him any more attention than his presumed IQ demands.

And Twinx, that's Senior Drill Instructor to you, not SDI.

Thread Information