Ship Date moved up and secured MOS
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Thumbs up Ship Date moved up and secured MOS

Hey, this is to all fellow Poolees.

I have been in the DEP since May 15 and had a scheduled ship date of Nov 16. The MOS I wanted was 03xx infantry. My recruiter told me my date might have to be changed to Dec or Jan to secure an 03 slot. I didnt want to wait that long and he said he would try to grab a sooner one.

Sure enough, got a call saying I have 03 secured and will be leaving Oct 26. Filled out the paperwork and am now counting down the days for 3 months of fun in the sun to earn the title.

The reason I wrote this, was to let you all know, to not lose motivation and be persistent. I told my recruiter this is what I want and will do what I have to for it. I just happened to get lucky. And all you struggling the same way I was, dont lose hope.

Were you open contract before? If so, did you have to sign new paperwork to secure the 03xx contract and change it from open contract?

I met your recruiter!!!!!

When I was at MEPS waiting to do my contract stuff GySgt Vargas brought in a Poolee that was getting something cleared up.The Poolee was wearing sandals so SSgt Tagle (MEPS Springfield liason, I'm sure you remember him) called me in and asked if he could borrow my shoes for a bit. So while sitting in the liason office shoeless, I talked with your recruiter for aa little. Fun fact for the day haha.

Small world.

Oh, and congrats on the good news.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    Were you open contract before? If so, did you have to sign new paperwork to secure the 03xx contract and change it from open contract?
    I was open contract initially when I enlisted up until this point. I signed paperwork at MEPS saying I was open but not any after that until the UH contract (03) in the recruiting office. So yes, I did sign new paperwork to change it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post

When I was at MEPS waiting to do my contract stuff GySgt Vargas brought in a Poolee that was getting something cleared up.The Poolee was wearing sandals so SSgt Tagle (MEPS Springfield liason, I'm sure you remember him) called me in and asked if he could borrow my shoes for a bit. So while sitting in the liason office shoeless, I talked with your recruiter for aa little. Fun fact for the day haha.

Small world.

Small world till you try to paint it. I know the Liaison and thats pretty funny. GySgt Vargas is a good guy.

Good stuff, awesome IST stats too, maybe you'll get lucky and get a Recon Indoc slot at SOI.

I'm actually in a similar situation now, I'm still working on getting a job but at our last Pool function the SNCOIC came up to me and asked if I wanted to ship out sooner. Told him absolutely, if there's a slot with my job on it. Maybe I'll get some good news at our next pool function.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Good stuff, awesome IST stats too, maybe you'll get lucky and get a Recon Indoc slot at SOI.

I'm actually in a similar situation now, I'm still working on getting a job but at our last Pool function the SNCOIC came up to me and asked if I wanted to ship out sooner. Told him absolutely, if there's a slot with my job on it. Maybe I'll get some good news at our next pool function.
    Yea that is my plan to hopefully get a shot at RIP. Good luck though on getting your job and ship date. Did you have a function at Westover AFB?

Last edited by Mako; 09-24-09 at 11:07 AM. Reason: added another question

I DEP'd in like 2 weeks after that. I was kinda mad I missed it.

Good for you Mako. See you in the fleet and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako View Post
    Hey, this is to all fellow Poolees.

I have been in the DEP since May 15 and had a scheduled ship date of Nov 16. The MOS I wanted was 03xx infantry. My recruiter told me my date might have to be changed to Dec or Jan to secure an 03 slot. I didnt want to wait that long and he said he would try to grab a sooner one.

Sure enough, got a call saying I have 03 secured and will be leaving Oct 26. Filled out the paperwork and am now counting down the days for 3 months of fun in the sun to earn the title.

The reason I wrote this, was to let you all know, to not lose motivation and be persistent. I told my recruiter this is what I want and will do what I have to for it. I just happened to get lucky. And all you struggling the same way I was, dont lose hope.
    Hey, that's awesome. I ship on the same day you do! MCRDPI all the way, baby!

Small world.

Heh, Ssgt. Tagle was a recruiter at RSS Hartford before he became MEPS liason. My old recruiter, Ssgt. Wilson is now the liason at MEPS Boston. Small world indeed.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    You have freak of nature PT, good work and good luck at bootcamp. If you bust your balls you might get a meritorious promotion with a PFT score like that.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartford View Post
    You have freak of nature PT, good work and good luck at bootcamp. If you bust your balls you might get a meritorious promotion with a PFT score like that.
    That would be sweet. I will definitely bust my balls at boot camp. I have been training for this since I was 14.

Quote Originally Posted by coolfir3pwnz View Post
    Heh, Ssgt. Tagle was a recruiter at RSS Hartford before he became MEPS liason. My old recruiter, Ssgt. Wilson is now the liason at MEPS Boston. Small world indeed.

WOWWW. small world indeed. I went to MEPS with two guys from RSS Hartford, I think. They were going reserves on the buddy system. Pretty funny guys.

WOWWW. small world indeed. I went to MEPS with two guys from RSS Hartford, I think. They were going reserves on the buddy system. Pretty funny guys.
    Haha, yep. We have some real characters down here in Hartford.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    I have my own RSS.

Thread Information