I lost my job :(
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down I lost my job :(

I was supposed to ship 20090824 but I wasn't ready. I was doing 0 pull-ups. When my ship date got moved back to 20091026, I lost my Aviation Support/Ordnance job. I really want that job. My recruiter said that the SNOIC is going to fight hard to get your job back and it might go as far as having the SgtMjr give me my job back (Him and I are cool like that lol).

All I can do is hope for the best, right? Or is there something more?

I really REALLY hope your not mad about this. It's your falt, you were doing 0 pull ups, im sorry, but you must of put NO effort towards getting ready for boot camp. I may be out of hand with this, but you really should of almost been kicked. I know of a few kids who were passing the IST before and got kicked when they failed it the day before they left. Granted they were near there 365 days so that is the reason, but still. They had to go thru the process ALL over again. I suggest you get your act together and get your pull ups UP. You, I, and everone else who reads this know's you would be at boot camp earing that EGA if you SOME effort, any effort to at least MEET THE MINIMUM. NEVER SHOOT FOR THE MINIMUM, DONT BE THAT 10%'ER AND EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT A MARINE, I CAN TELL YOUR NOT ON THE RIGHT PATH! Ask yourself, are you REALLY ready? If you are truely motovated, you would be out PTing and getting those pull ups out, not sitting on this site, mad that you lost your job. Just my 2 cents.. Anyone else agree?

god how embarrassing. Why would you even share that?

I completely agree with the above post. There are people who have to go right now, with a family to support. I have to wait because everything is closed up right now. Honestly, if another person from my pool was dropped, I would be excited because I am one spot closer to shipping. It sucks, don't get me wrong, but if you are not putting the work in, then save the spot for someone that is.

One pullup should not be that difficult, grit your teeth and get your chin above the bar. There are no excuses, I work 16 hour shifts 5 days a week to make sure that my family can eat and that we have a place to live. I still find time to improve all of my IST scores.

Good luck, I hope everything works out, and I hope these responses added a little bit of perspective.

Hey, chill out everyone. I made mistakes, I realized them, I fixed them. I'm passing the IST now, all my docs are in order and I'm ready to go. I'm not embarrassed because I put in the work needed to rectify my mistake. 2+ months of hard PT and diet paid off. My IST has greatly improved and I'm working towards a meritorious promotion right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    I really REALLY hope your not mad about this. It's your falt, you were doing 0 pull ups, im sorry, but you must of put NO effort towards getting ready for boot camp. I may be out of hand with this, but you really should of almost been kicked. I know of a few kids who were passing the IST before and got kicked when they failed it the day before they left. Granted they were near there 365 days so that is the reason, but still. They had to go thru the process ALL over again. I suggest you get your act together and get your pull ups UP. You, I, and everone else who reads this know's you would be at boot camp earing that EGA if you SOME effort, any effort to at least MEET THE MINIMUM. NEVER SHOOT FOR THE MINIMUM, DONT BE THAT 10%'ER AND EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT A MARINE, I CAN TELL YOUR NOT ON THE RIGHT PATH! Ask yourself, are you REALLY ready? If you are truely motovated, you would be out PTing and getting those pull ups out, not sitting on this site, mad that you lost your job. Just my 2 cents.. Anyone else agree?
    HELL NO, MAN. I'm never going to be "satisfied" with my performance. There's always room for improvement! I'm just not that type of person that'll be content with something. I just got into some trouble after I depped in and lost focus. I'm back on the right track now and full speed ahead!

No one here is mad at you. I think you need to chill out before you think that we are all getting on your ass. In my opinion, i could care less if you make it or don't. At this point, that has no effect on the outcome of my life. You said yourself, you did not put in the work. You saw what happened as a result. Many people are having difficulties locking down a contract who have stellar records and scores. I'm glad you are getting a second chance, and I hope it all works out, but honestly, these are the consequences of your own actions.

Kind of off topic But your sig really annoys me. As a poolee myself I know nothing of Death before Dishonor likewise complexed as to know how you could.

I'm glad you are now motivated. Just stay on the right track. Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by coolfir3pwnz View Post
    having the SgtMjr give me my job back (Him and I are cool like that lol).
    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot OVER?!

Anyone else get a good lil chuckle outta that too?

Let me tell you something, you are not "cool" with any Sergeant Major. Every one Ive ever met has been a toughened, in ya face Marine, proud to serve in the Corps. If you cant do one pull up, I doubt he likes you very much.

The "something more" you can do is strap up and start taking your ship date and the commitment you made to the Marine Corps seriously. How did you let your time slip away and not improve your scores? Expect to do push ups, mountain climbers, pull ups and a whole mess of other body weight exercises in recruit training.

Stop looking for sympathy, the Marine Corps only want the best.

Hell, don't go to anyone looking for sympathy. You were the one that made the choice not to work out, and if you can increase your pullup total from 0 to 2 in a matter of 8+ weeks, imagine how much you could have improved over the course of your entire time in DEP. I understand it's hard to maintain the discipline with everything else going on...but come on, what did you expect to hear when you posted your "situation" here. Most of the poolees here are busting their ass to either A) get a plane ride to MCRD, or B) physically preparing for the 13 week vacation.

As I said earlier, I hope another kid in my pool gets discharged so that I can go earlier. Some of us have larger things than pride at stake. I am not sad to hear that these events have unfolded. Good Night

I thought this was the Poolee hall were we support other poolee's not act like Marines and pray to god that other poolees fail so you can ship to MCRD right away, coolfir3pwnz if you want to earn the title Marine you got to work your tail off for it man work things around your schedule and go work on your upper body strength, push ups, lifting weights, etc....

Exactly when did I say that I "pray to god that another poolee fails"? Second of all, it's easy to ***** and moan when you are not putting in the work, just like that guy blocking traffic who's honking his horn. When he has more pressing obligations other than to live up to his own hopes and dreams, I would be a little more forgiving.

JMarple, you are right. We are supposed to be supporting eachother. But tell me exactly how I can offer support and help to you, if you aren't even going to help yourself? Sometimes ****ing someone off and lighting a fire under their azz the motivation that person needs to get going. I hope to god I did **** him off just so he can prove me wrong. If I meet him at boot or in the fleet, I hope he comes up to me so we can shake hands and understand where I was coming from.

Until then, get to work; as someone already stated, getting by is not good enough: Meet and exceed all standards. Not only in boot camp, but in life. Be better at what you do today than what you were yesterday.

SabreJack Out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen139 View Post
    Kind of off topic But your sig really annoys me. As a poolee myself I know nothing of Death before Dishonor likewise complexed as to know how you could.

+1

Quote Originally Posted by SabreJack View Post
    How I can offer support and help to you, if you aren't even going to help yourself? Sometimes ****ing someone off and lighting a fire under their azz the motivation that person needs to get going.
    SabreJack Out.
    Word of advice don't go around the censor the moderators don't like that.

Thread Information