Upcoming Release USMC Movie "Brothers" - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am waiting for the movie that shows the average Marine, who does a good job. He goes to Iraq or Afganistan or both places. He is brave, maybe he is decorated. I am not going to hold my breath, waiting for a positive description of our warriors. Hollywood is run by America haters. They look down their nose at all of us, who have worn the uniform.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

I want a Movie similar to "Band Of brothers" that depicts, based on accounts by it's units survivers, a Marine Company's tour either island hopping in WWII, or in Vietnam.

Quote Originally Posted by mcvet57103 View Post
    I want a Movie similar to "Band Of brothers" that depicts, based on accounts by it's units survivers, a Marine Company's tour either island hopping in WWII, or in Vietnam.
    We're in luck http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0374463/

Ooh-Rah! Outf**kingstanding! It appears its based on Eugene Sledges book, With the Old Breed, his personal account of his Island Hopping WWII experiences.

Great book, I recommend it to all! Movie should be good.

I can't wait for "The Pacific", to come out. It was supposed to be out late 2009 but has been pushed back to sometime in 2010. If they represent Marines as they did Easy Company with Band Of Brothers it should be good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by MontezumaCpl View Post
    Ooh-Rah! Outf**kingstanding! It appears its based on Eugene Sledges book, With the Old Breed, his personal account of his Island Hopping WWII experiences.

Great book, I recommend it to all! Movie should be good.
    That was an awesome book. I had it in paper back once, but misplaced it years ago. If they made a movie from that book, it definately is a must see. SF

Thumbs down

It's movies like this that make the military so hated in the public eye.

I am not seeing this movie, that's for damn sure.

McVet;
    You can get Sledge's book at Borders or at the Marine Museum.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Hood View Post
    McVet;
    You can get Sledge's book at Borders or at the Marine Museum.
    Semper Fi,
    Eric
    Yeah it's at B. Dalton book sellers, and Borders here also. Thing is when I bought it all those years ago it was like $3.99. Now they want, $17.99. For a paperback book!!?? I'm a tight wad when it comes to spending anything over maybe $8.00 for a paperback book. And then it has to be a new read, not a reprint. Cost of printing can't be that much. Not to mention other paperbacks on the same shelf are selling for $7 to $10. It's a good book, but I've read it. I won't spend that kind of money on a paperback I've already read. But for those who haven't read it, it is an excellant book, and opens your eyes to the violence, and horrific conditions Marines faced while island hopping in WWII. The part that still to this day stands out in my mind is when he described the fighting so intense on Okinawa that they couldn't bury the dead from either side, and the flies, maggots, and the stench of rotting corpses in the heat. SF

Yeah...this crappy ass plotted movie just doesn't sit well with me....I have either seen it....been a part of it...or helped some young Marine through it....I really don't need to go there again.....

How much do we bet it bombs? No real American patriot will like it.
    Eric

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member

Hey Eric.....

I heard it got 5 Stars from Code Pink

Quote Originally Posted by Alisium View Post
    So he's a Marine Captain flying a black-hawk? Do we have black-hawks now?

Like I said a while back. The army gets all the good movies. For some reason Hollywood saves all the sh*t scripts for us.

The minute i saw the Blackhawk, i instantly thought "Hollywoods fvcking up...again" and knew before watching it that the movie would make us out to be the bad guy.

Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by DevildogBK View Post
    The minute i saw the Blackhawk, i instantly thought "Hollywoods fvcking up...again" and knew before watching it that the movie would make us out to be the bad guy.

Garbage

Remember...Black Hawk Down is about the Army, not the Marine Corps, so the Marine Corps isn't the bad guy here.

Well, i haven't seen this movie, but i'm going to go out on a limb and say "Epic Fail"

Thread Information