Got my first pull-up today.
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Got my first pull-up today.

After 3+ weeks of hard work, I finally got the first one. I hope I can get 5+ before I ship out on 20091026.

****in' made my recruiter proud.

Good work poolee, keep it up and work hard for your goal. When did you DEP in?

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    get 6,,,,,,,, proud of ya. Only you can build on your life.

Well in order to ship you have to at least do 2, but you have 46 days until then. Yes, I'm counting because that's my date, too.

Congrats. I went from absolutly nothing to 6 in 3 months because of alot of assisted pullups. If you can find a assisted pullup machine.

Congrats! The first one is only one of the best feelings. Once I reached 10 I felt that same feeling. Just keep working hard, doing curls, lat downs, and assisted pull ups. They will go up slowly but surely.

Grats man, the first one is the hardest one. I just got my first one a couple weeks ago also. My second one came only a week or so after that so they will start coming quick!

Great Job

Here's a new hint:

Now that your up, don't assist your way down, let yourself drop. If you go down slowly, you'll fatigue way faster and lose a pull-up or two.

Mind over matter, whenever your feeling like your arms are gonna fall off, Imagine there is an EGA at the top of that bar, it'll get you up there pretty darn quick

Keep up the good work

I depped in 20090103. I ****ed up pretty bad from then until 2 months ago. Then I realized I wasn't at all prepared for MCRDPI and whipped myself back into shape (well, getting there.) The gym I work out at has an assisted pull-up machine. It's pretty awesome. I used to have to use 80lbs of assistance but now I can use 50. Thanks for all the support, guys. I really appreciate it.

Running a CFT tomorrow! Yeah!

Go to Wal-Mart and buy an Iron Gym, a $30 pullup bar you can put in most doorframes. Everytime you pass under it, knock a few out. That's how I went from 2 pullups to 8 in less than 4 weeks.

I got one of those a few weeks ago. Practicing on that helped a lot. It's hanging in my door right now. This motivated poolee's about to try a few right now!

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    Great Job

Here's a new hint:

Now that your up, don't assist your way down, let yourself drop. If you go down slowly, you'll fatigue way faster and lose a pull-up or two.

Mind over matter, whenever your feeling like your arms are gonna fall off, Imagine there is an EGA at the top of that bar, it'll get you up there pretty darn quick

Keep up the good work
    thats good advice that I actually followed myself and i see a difference. i always came down slowly lowering myself. yesterday we had a function and did an IST, but the lady only wanted us to do 4. when I get to 4 i usually start to struggle but I followed your advice and when I did 4 yesterday it felt like i couldve did 10.

I got an Iron Gym, and I went from 13 in June to 20 as of last Saturday. I highly recommend it.

I also have a great program. During the summer I would do pullups Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I would either do even numbers up to 20, or odds up to 19. It comes out to 300-330 pullups a week. If you stick with it you will get in shape. Now that I'm at 20 I do 40-60 6 times a week just to stay sharp. I take Sunday off.

Another thing is, every other day, do a max set on the bar, drop down and do 20 pushups, back on the bar, max set, down, 20, repeat until your muscles fail and then keep going.

I bought that Iron Gym and went from about 4 to 13 in less than 2 months. I have been doing sort of what Dist Expert and Barr are saying i do about 50 to 60 a day and each time i do a set i get down and do push ups..Some times i just do 20 or some times i do 10 regular push ups the 10 diamond then 10 wide push ups.. after those you feel it really good! Good luck man keep working hard and push yourself!

Thread Information