0311 Infantry
Create Post

Thread: 0311 Infantry

0311 Infantry

Good day Marines, i am currently deciding to go with an 03 contract in the Marines, i have heard people hate it and some people like it but i guess thats life, if any grunts out there can help me out with some information on what you do when you're not on deployments.

ps. I have searched around on other threads but i didnt find anything that pertains to my question, another thing i know my name dosn't appeal to some Marines on this site but it was from a movie and if i could change it that would be great.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    You do exactly the same thing whether deployed or not. Only difference is the bullets are real.

Its a pretty simple anwser. What do athletes do when they aren't playing a game. Prepare for it. So what do 03's do when they aren't deployed? They're preparing. Training, so they shoot, practice tactics, PT, clean and repair gear. Whatever needs to be done to be good to go when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by earningthetitle View Post
    Its a pretty simple anwser. What do athletes do when they aren't playing a game. Prepare for it. So what do 03's do when they aren't deployed? They're preparing. Training, so they shoot, practice tactics, PT, clean and repair gear. Whatever needs to be done to be good to go when the time comes.

And that is the readers digest version of life as a grunt.

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    And that is the readers digest version of life as a grunt.
    What no cookies and smores by the fire out in the field with the Company Gunny telling us stories? Thats horse poo.

Quote Originally Posted by MicMarine View Post
    What no cookies and smores by the fire out in the field with the Company Gunny telling us stories? Thats horse poo.

The only stories I ever told were the one's of Marines getting killed because they became complacent. And the only fires were the ones I lite under someones arse at "stand-to".

Quote Originally Posted by 0331 2 0369 View Post
    The only stories I ever told were the one's of Marines getting killed because they became complacent. And the only fires were the ones I lite under someones arse at "stand-to".
    Well did you atleast tuck your Marines in afterwards?

When not deployed, you are in the field training.
    When not in the field, you are in garrison cleaning weapons, PT, maintaining gear, MCIs..etc.
    Many opportunities to go to various schools will come up. Take them.

I.e. Jump school, JEST School, Mountain Warfare Training, etc.

You don't kill you steal?? I don't get it.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    If a elephant mates with a rhino you get a helifino

I really apperciate the quick response that i got from this Marine community, thank you very much.

Thread Information