It's a small world after all!
Create Post

It's a small world after all!

So two days ago at work I was talking to one of my co-workers. She's and older gal with a daughter in my grade. We were talking about college and I had said that I was joining the Marine Corps. She said that her nephew was at boot camp and was graudating September 11. A Senior in my school, our running back on our football team, the football teams iron man. This kid benched 305+ and was like 5'8" and was almost over weight going to boot camp. He was that built. Well he is also graudating September 11. It turns out there both in the same Platoon! She called her sister this morning and found out a website where is does there platoon picture with there DI's, the ones you see in the graduation books. My friend turns out to of lost 40 pouds! It was super dead where I work today so she let me look at the video for a while to see if I could notice him. The screen was bad and I could not find him. I got home and wathched the video on my laptop and finally saw him. He bearly even look's the same!!! It was 10 P.M. when I saw this, and I HAD to go run a few miles in the dark. I am so pumped it makes me want to go to boot camp right now. This Rct, and soon to be Marine, was one of the kids i had least expected to even want to join the military. One day he comes up to me and says "Hey, I heard your going to join the Marines, I've been thinking about it, got any info?". I gave him my recruiters card, and few weeks later he was signed up, and was suppose to leave in november. Well, someone had dropped out and he was the first to say he would go. I cant wait to see him when he get's back, just seeing his picture it motivate's me. I cant wait for my turn!

I'll do you one better.

My Mom was on facebook talking to some of her friends from her home town when she came into contact with one of my Uncle's friends from high school. Turns out that his son, who is also named Alex, is enlisted in the Marines with an infantry MOS and is shipping out July 13th 2010!

Now THATS a small world moment if there ever was one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dist Expert 26 View Post
    I'll do you one better.

My Mom was on facebook talking to some of her friends from her home town when she came into contact with one of my Uncle's friends from high school. Turns out that his son, who is also named Alex, is enlisted in the Marines with an infantry MOS and is shipping out July 13th 2010!

Now THATS a small world moment if there ever was one.
    LOL!! That beats me! Here's another one.

My brother's soon to be wife had a younger brother in college. One day she's talking with my parents and was like yeah, my brother is joining the Marines to become an officer. It's going to be some weird family gatherings with them, I'll have to be calling him SIR!!!

Yeah, but maybe he'll be cool about it when you're out of uniform.

Im not to worried about it, I'll be in boot camp while he is at OCS, but then he's still got his senior year left lol.

Thread Information