Recruit dies during training at Parris Island - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How unfortunate for this recruit's family.

But, things happen...Dr's miss stuff all the time, and after 1000's of years have no cure for the common cold, just the symptoms.

It doesn't sound like there was any misconduct or neglect in this kids death...it happens...what makes me mad is that I'm sure the other services have their share of recruit fatalities yearly, but they are rarely heard of in the media. We seem to be picked out of the lineup regardless of the facts.

I wish this on no mans family, and I hate to see any mention of a Marine KIA in our wars, but it's a dangerous job by its very nature...

I'd be interested to read the final report from NCIS and medical on this and find out what did happen.

it was MC Times snippet.... not really a covered story.

If my memory sreves me right, I think we had a recriut die on the march from the recieving barracks to 3rd Bn. in Dec 75.

I'm very sorry to hear about this young man's death. My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

K.P. Hay
    LCPL, USMC
    1982-1986

Quote Originally Posted by StoneTheWeak View Post
    http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news..._death_082109/

We all know what this means. Mothers of America are gonna lose their **** and Recruit Training will take another plunge in difficulty.

Maybe our initial reaction should be remorse, not what's going to happen at a ****ing place we will never be agian.

Maybe you can go **** on his grave while you're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by MD8724 View Post
    Maybe our initial reaction should be remorse, not what's going to happen at a ****ing place we will never be agian.

Maybe you can go **** on his grave while you're at it.

And maybe I'll just take that with a grain of salt too. I wasn't insulting him or cheering for his death. It sucks. If that's what you gotta out of my post....

**** it, I got no answer for that.

gotta huh? haha... Stone, watch the tone... he'll take it the wrong way just like he did with your initial post....

you might want to clarify your response/rephrase it.

I was in a hurry. I've had explosive diarrhea all day.

It obviously sucks the kid died. It sucks when anybody dies. I thought that much could have been assumed.

Angry

For the love of God, the total lack of respect I am reading here about this young Marines death blows my mind. This kid worked his ass off for months to make it through boot camp. Have you all forgotten what it took to do that? How many times did you think you were going to die in boot camp? This poor guy DID! Show some respect Marines! He is one of ours after all.

Rest in peace young Leatherneck.

FMW

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    HEY...WRIGHT, joined this site in 2006? "About Me", says you're an E-1, but your AVATAR shows something different? You've been in the Marine Corps since 1978?? ONLY 2 posts since 2006?? WHO THE FVCK ARE YOU??? Update your SH1T....OR...DON'T POST!!!....

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    HEY...WRIGHT, joined this site in 2006? "About Me", says you're an E-1, but your AVATAR shows something different? You've been in the Marine Corps since 1978?? ONLY 2 posts since 2006?? WHO THE FVCK ARE YOU??? Update your SH1T....OR...DON'T POST!!!....

WHEW WHEW WHEW!!!!

Profile Police are HUNTIN

Quote Originally Posted by fmwright View Post
    For the love of God, the total lack of respect I am reading here about this young Marines death blows my mind. This kid worked his ass off for months to make it through boot camp. Have you all forgotten what it took to do that? How many times did you think you were going to die in boot camp? This poor guy DID! Show some respect Marines! He is one of ours after all.

Rest in peace young Leatherneck.

FMW

Chill out....

it's not about the RECRUIT who died... it's about the possible implications it can have on the Recruit Training... this is the topic of conversation, if you really can't handle talking about that then you need to go away.

You think anyone here is bad mouthing the RECRUIT who died? I'd like for you to show me the post... hasn't happened.

The fact that you are taking this post out of context is disrespectful to the RECRUIT who died... you are using his death to make an argument.

RIP RECRUIT....

Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    Holy $h|T Doc, take a pill. Look again, happy now? Sombody needs a hug......

Quote Originally Posted by fmwright View Post
    Holy $h|T Doc, take a pill. Look again, happy now? Sombody needs a hug......
    I like this

Ellie

Thread Information