M-16 Still Hot Enough for Marines - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar Augustus View Post
    We all had acogs and M16A4s back in early 05 when we were working up to go to Iraq. I'm sure by now most if not all victor units and others by now have the A4 along with some sight. Can't count the number of O's and REFM with perfect looking rifles with scopes while I saw other combat units without them.
    Yep. There are many. But the workers equipment is starting to catch up to the non-workers. Actually, your starting to see the FOBits with less gear. I think they are either distributing them more equally, or the Marines realized all that extra sh*t is heavy. Regardless, you can always tell the people who don't know where the front gate is by the big black stain on their upper back (from where the rifle rests for 7 months). But the O statement still holds true. Heck, I saw a Lt. Col. at jump school! Nice enough guy, but I'm pretty sure he didn't need the jump billet...whereas plenty of E3/4 straight out of RIP/INDOC do.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwarkeh View Post
    Actually, when I was issued my rifle a month ago I was surprised to see it had a Rifle Combat Optic on it. Hell, I'm about to qualify with it next week.
    its harder till u get used to it. I unq'ed the first time shooting the course with it but in 2 i qualled then the actual qual day i got expert.

WTF is the rifle combat optic? Are now issuing optics with each rifle???

wtf

RCO is what they call the ACOG now. The intent is to have enough to issue with every rifle and carbine in the Marine Corps. It is considered a force mulitplier, however the 0306 Marine Gunner world wants to cut down on the amount of stuff issued out for personal weapons.

Wow how gay its a ****ing ACOG so says the manufacture. Still see no need for REMF to have optics its a waste of funds that could go towards oh getting us radios that haven't seen the beaches of normandy and ****

There are some differences between the RCO and ACOG. As far as radios go, well the 119F is out there pluss the sat com stuff and I know they are replacing the POS PRR with a new radio. They are also fielding a SAW replacement soon.

Damn guess I got out right as all the new **** was coming in. We had the 119s, definitely didn't have sat com, didn't even have blue force tracker although H&S did.......We did have the PIR though didn't really have an issue with them.

What are they replacing the saw with?

saw is being replaced by the infantry automatic rifle, going back to the Corps roots with a BAR style weapon. The SAW is not going away completely, the new weapon is for victor units only but the SAW's will still be in the armory, if the mission dictates the need for them. The Gunner community took a look at the amount of rounds being used to suppress with the SAW and desided that a more effective jjob could be done with a weapong that was inherently more acurate than a LMG. They passed the recommendation up to the CMC and he agreed. The IAR should be announced here in the next few weeks, and fielding should start early next year.

Thread Information