Active-Reserves - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Active-Reserves

yes, you get put in a hotel.... friday night (or night prior to drilling) and saturday night.

it's done by distance from zip code to zip code... my house IS 50 miles away, but the zip codes are damn close... so when it came to it I got screwed on travel pay....

but you can have the hotel though... I'm sure you have no problem as you said you're 130 miles away.

Thanks for all the information SSgt, and my PFT/Rifle is high enough so I don't have to worry about those. I've allready talked to some of the SNCO's at my reserve unit last week about AR, and they told me when I check in this Friday, that they will process me though into the AR. So what I am getting out of this, I will be getting BAH/BAS for being down in Orlando on active status. Not bad, wouldn't mind a $1348 paycheck (was bored and calculated that after taxes and all that and seeing the current BAS/BAH for E3 in Orlando).

that's my base pay after taxes.... it does pay to have rank I suppose.

hope you enjoy AR... and don't let on that you know what I told you.

start off strong and let them guide you on how they want you to act.

one thing you should do, talk to the I&I SNCOIC and ask him what he expects of you. Anything he tells you is stuff you do first and foremost.... everything else is secondary as long as you aren't dis-obeying orders.

make sure you have something to write with as it might be a list of things.

What a fag. BAH in Orlando as an AR. Thats straight fag.

so that means you're jealous... right? hahaha.

where are you going when you become AR?

"disnee wuurl"

hahaha....I'm just playing around.... good luck to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    What a fag. BAH in Orlando as an AR. Thats straight fag.
    It's $1017 as of now, lol. I rather be full active then either or, so you can switch with me if you like Cpl.

And Disney World is for when we get our lunch break.

Quote Originally Posted by MLMonk View Post
    It's $1017 as of now, lol. I rather be full active then either or, so you can switch with me if you like Cpl.

And Disney World is for when we get our lunch break.

I'm from Florida, don't preach to me about Disney World. That **** sucks.

Whats better, disney world or Busch Gardens? Ohh has anyone been to the Miami Seaquarium? Going to take my daughter there sometime in the near future.

I like Busch Gardens, after 5pm the beer is free, and the rides are better. +military gets in free.

Thread Information