combat fitness test
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

combat fitness test

I was wondering if anyone got to do that combat fitness test yet?

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    we did it at one of our PT's

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    For those who have no idea what it is:

880 Yard Run. Marines will run for 880 yards while wearing boots and camouflage uniform (pants and t-shirt).
    Ammo Can Lifts. Marines will lift a 30 pound ammo can from the ground, over their heads as many times as they can in two minutes.
    Manuever Under Fire. Marines must move through a 300 yard course, and perform designated tasks, in the time limit authorized. The tasks include:
    • Moving in a quick scurry for 10 yards, then a high craw for another 15 yards.
    • Drag a casualty for 10 yards, while zigzagging through several cones. Then lift the casualty and carry him/her at a run for 65 yards.
    • Carry two 30-pound ammo cans for 75 yards, while zigzagging through a series of cones.
    • Toss a dummy grenade 22 1/2 yards and land it in a marked target circle.
    • Perform three push-ups, pick up the two 30-pound cans and sprint to the finish line.
    I've never done it at the RSS but I always see one ammo can that feels about 30lbs so I assume we could do it if there was another.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    yeah we did it at the rss we just weren't in cammo's and boots obviously and yeah we used 2 ammo cans

Yes ive done it, twice actually. We just did one this past wed. and let me just say im still sore from it. All i can say is "7 minutes of hell".

We did it this morning and it was tougher than i expected. I was just wondering who else had the "blessing".

I haven't had the pleasure yet.

I've run 2 so far. They're deffinately a challenge. If you havn't run one yet, you should try and get your recruiter to set one up.

Everyone should get to do at least one. Here is a good article with an awesome diagram of exactly what you do. http://marinesmagazine.dodlive.mil/2...-test/#more-24

lol Alright way to one up me with the video. you win

Anyone have information or a link where the scoring for this test can be found? I've heard a lot of banter, but this is the first time I've actually seen what the test consists of (thanks to the people who posted a link to what it looks like, and how it is conducted).

If you go somewhere on the link i posted, you can find the scoring. There are 3 classes and a fail. it also shows the points adn what have you.

I got to do one at my RSS about 10 days ago and it actually wasnt that bad (except for the fact i had to carry a 207lb guy lol), i had alot of fun as did most of the guys there. we had 2 setup side by side and ran them as if it was a race. I got 110 ammo can lifts and ran the course in 2:08.

you should try to set one up with your station, it was alot of fun and a great pt exercise.

Last edited by Bioskrizzel; 08-16-09 at 06:06 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by shoenerb View Post
    If you go somewhere on the link i posted, you can find the scoring. There are 3 classes and a fail. it also shows the points adn what have you.
    Try this link, the best info on CFT i could find.
    http://www.mccscp.com/home/Files/pdf...T_No_Print.pdf

Thread Information