Whats Your PT??? - Page 10
Create Post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    I was just going by the recommendation from a current Marine that I'm good friends with. He said a regimen like this would be better to at least, sort of replicate the physical stress of boot camp without going overboard.

Sunday- Long run, max set push ups & then knee push ups, 100 eight count body builders, hold plank position until failure
    Monday- 3-100 Crunches & then flutter kicks, max set pull ups & then dumbbell rows, 100 push ups
    Tuesday- 4- ¼ mile Speed runs, Pyramid pull ups (australian, rows) , max close to wide push ups, 50 eight count body builders, max leg lifts
    Wednesday- 5- Speed crunches (until not fast), 3 training sets (pull ups, chin ups, back of neck chin ups) (australian, rows), 100 push ups, 50 eight count body builders
    Thursday- 3 mile run, Max training sets pull ups (australian, rows), max incline push ups, 50 eight count body builders, 500 ab twists
    Friday- 200 bicycle crunch, 40 pull ups (australian, rows), 100 push ups, 50 eight count body builders
    Saturday- Hill runs & mountain climbers (until past comfort zone), 3-30 push ups using the rotating perfect pushup, 100 v crunches

Complete 1 week, rest 3 days, repeat
    Give 3 days rest before IST
    No more than 3 days rest/week

Things needed for workout: Perfect Push Up, Perfect Pull Up

I made this workout schedule on Tuesday. I am really anxious to see how it works for me. I firmly believe that every one has a certain routine that works for them and that the only way to find it is through learning, and trial and error.

Well, my standard workout is a 4mile run every other day depending on the weather. At night before bed I set up a number of different things I could possibly do on a piece of paper and number them, then I ask a random person to tell me a random number... and do the exercise.

Last night it was do 500 pushups before I can go to sleep. I did it by doing 50 pushups every commercial break while watching TV.

I also do lifeguarding which keeps me in shape. Looking for places in my house to put my punching bag too, get back into doing speed drills and such like I did for MMA.

I've learned that by myself I don't do diddly. I'm also not as challenged as when I work out in a group. I just have way too much to do at home. With a baby and a home to take care of, if I'm in my home I've got 100 things I should be doing besides working out.

My only chance is getting out and doing things. So I joined the YMCA, got a list of their classes and signed up for a different class for every day of the week.

Monday is Total Body Fitness which is a mixture of everything from upper body, core, legs and cardio. There is a lot of running involved as well.
    Tuesday morning I go to a Core Fitness class and then to Yoga and finish off swimming.
    Wednesday is core fitness again.
    Thursday is Core Fitness, Yoga and Swimming and I finish off with an upper body class.
    Friday is another Total Body Class that REALLY mixes it up and gets you moving. Some days we run the stairs for the whole hour, some times we do other stuff and work on particular things like arms, legs, etc.

I never thought of Yoga as a good exercise for something like the military but I started to go upon recommendation of a doctor after giving birth to my son. I was told it would be a more gentle and gradual way to get me back to the place where I could start doing harder exercises. It has been fantastic for stretching, balance and muscle tone and general muscular health. Also, balance work does numbers for helping tone and strengthen the small muscles of the feet, knees, shoulders, elbows and hands that help support your joints. Even if you don't get into Yoga, I would strongly recommend doing some balance work in addition to anyone's exercise routines for those healthy joints.

Thread Information