Whats Your PT??? - Page 7
Create Post
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Holy cow, it's getting cold out there. I have kept the promise I made to myself to run the 1 mile to 2 mile trip to work (length depends on where I turn), and I seem to have acclimated to the chill...or so I thought until this past wednesday. It was about 36 that evening and I had my last IST before I ship. Everyone, and I mean everyone dropped a whole minute on their times due to the cold. It was insane.

Happily, though, I am now only 10 crunches from a perfect score--up from 72 to 90!--- and I added 3 pullups over the last IST.

_______

I also wanted to share these links about running in the cold:

http://running.about.com/od/safetywe...thersafety.htm

http://www.runnersrescue.com/Cold_We...nning_Tips.htm

http://www.marathonguide.com/trainin...ginthecold.cfm

I will add a little bit that has helped me, too.

On Tuesday this week, I dropped $20 on a microfleece balaclava. In addition to keeping the whole noggin toasty, the mouth and nose protection warms the air going in and helps to prevent that nasty freezing sensation in your throat and chest.

Also, I bought a pack of Halls cough suppressants, Canada Dry Ginger Ale flavored. The Canada Dry was a fluke, I thought I was grabbing the pack of Cherry right next to them, but, surprisingly, the Canada Dry is the best I have ever had. Flavor wise, it tastes like ginger ale, but the fact that it works so well is what really intrigued me; pop one after running in the cold!

I hope this helps some of you.

Yeah we all went on a 3.5 mile run last night with the regular stops for various exercises last night. By the time we made it back inside, it had dropped to 27 degrees.

Under Armour leggings here I come!

Haha, I was outside in around 10 degree weather working on a house for school, I was a tid bit frozen. A nice 2 mile run warmed me right up!

Quote Originally Posted by Endurance89 View Post

Also, I bought a pack of Halls cough suppressants, Canada Dry Ginger Ale flavored. The Canada Dry was a fluke, I thought I was grabbing the pack of Cherry right next to them, but, surprisingly, the Canada Dry is the best I have ever had. Flavor wise, it tastes like ginger ale, but the fact that it works so well is what really intrigued me; pop one after running in the cold!

I hope this helps some of you.

wait a sec.. drinking ginger ale helps out with cold lungs?

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Haha, I was outside in around 10 degree weather working on a house for school, I was a tid bit frozen. A nice 2 mile run warmed me right up!
    You work on a house for a school assignment? Niiice!

Quote Originally Posted by Capital M View Post
    wait a sec.. drinking ginger ale helps out with cold lungs?
    I don't think it does, however, ginger ale flavored cough suppressant really suppresses the coughs from the cold lung sensation.

Haha, I might have to try this tip tomorrow. Low of 9 degree's and I still have PT with my recruiter, I'll report back if I can still feel anything after being trashed and frozen all at one.

Whats the temp like around San Diego in January anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by dds0113 View Post
    Whats the temp like around San Diego in January anyway?
    temerate. san diego i like the perfect place. (this may or may not include MCRD)

Endurance, I didn't know that...interesting. Once it gets warm I'll have to try it out. Couple of days ago it was in the 60s. ReDICulous

Well, after losing 3 fingures to them just snapping off due to being frozen, I am back, and alive. All jokes aside it was a great work out, a kid decided it would be fun to run it in a short sleeve shirt and shorts, ended up having to give him my extra gear.

A Days
    * 3 Mile run (untimed, w/ weighted vest,gloves,ankle weights)
    * A$$ kicking workout circuit (for 3 sets 1 min rest in between)all with weighted vest

Max set pushups
    Max set sledgehammer swings
    Max set widearm pushups
    Max set squats w/ kettlebells
    Max set diamond pushups
    Max set kettle bell swings

* 3-2min sets of USMC style crunches

* Scheduled INSANITY workout dvd (these workouts tend to kick my A$$ esp. with the vest on)

B Days
    * 30 min heavy bag workout w/ vest and weighted gloves
    * 3x3 Rope climb with vest
    * 3 sets Pull-Ups with weighted vest
    *3 sets Chin-ups with weighted vest
    * 3 sets Nuetral grip pull-ups with weighted vest
    * 3 sets ab strap leg raises
    * Scheduled Insanity workout

monday-upper body weights + pullups and 2 mile run
    tuesday- 2.5 mile run .5 mile incline run
    wednesday-upper body weights + pullups and 2 mile run
    thursday-poolee PT, varies sometimes we play football sometimes we run 3-4 miles
    friday- upper and lower body weights + pullups and a run if thursdays PT was easy
    saturday-2 mile run
    sunday- 1 mile 7 minute pace and bike.

sometimes i slack though if something comes up

Quote Originally Posted by Jensen139 View Post
    I will never understand why some people train like bodybuilders. I do crossfit 3-4 times a week and olympic lifting 3 times per week.

www.crossfit.com

check it out
    Crossfit is awesome. I encourage every poolee to try it out. I've been on it for a while now and it's helped my IST. I have been doing nothing but improve.

a good workout to try-
    25m lunge with (2)50# Ammo Cans
    15 pushups once you reach the 25m mark
    Ammo Can carry back 25m
    15 military press with (1)50# Ammo Can
    800m run
    repeat 3 rounds for time

Thread Information