Only 1 DI? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Only 1 DI?

Not to discourage you..but in the fleet when they said 3 mile run..I praised god. If you want my honest advice I would run at least 6-8 miles a day on top of pt afterwards..thats just a taste of whats in store for you if you go to a infantry btl .

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater View Post
    Not to discourage you..but in the fleet when they said 3 mile run..I praised god. If you want my honest advice I would run at least 6-8 miles a day on top of pt afterwards..thats just a taste of whats in store for you if you go to a infantry btl .
    True, PFT's are easy days.

But you want to work up to that 6-8 miles then a full pt session. Not do it everyday or you'll break sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Moderboater View Post
    not if he ends up in the wing....when we pt its always the pft course...granted different shops and different commands do different things, but all of the squadrons i have been in didnt even have shop pt...theyd try it for a little while then we'd have a bunch of downed jets and fixing them becomes the priority.

you have to learn to pt on your own for the most part in the wing

In the late 60's we used to pick up a new herd before we graduated the old herd, sometimes as much as 5 day before graduation. It was day on stay on. We also had to set up our duty hut in one end of a quonset hut and privates were living in the rest of the hut. This was because there was not enough billeting space.

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    that makes sense now.
    Marines only run 3 miles, keep that in mind before you leave. start training running like 4 miles it will get your run time down. and i can still do 100 cruntches in under a minute and im 36 years old

you get more bang for your buck from pullups so work on getting up to 20.
    I am working on everything Sgt. Im finally on a good PT sechedule, and am seeing my improvements already.

But now im REALLY confussed. This weeks graduates, in plt. 1003, they have there picture with only 3 Drill Instructors, but they put 4 names on the board. Why wouldn't they of done this with that other platoon?

And to SSgt Petzold, I am 17, I dont know where the came from, seemed like the best word at the time.

Thread Information