Only 1 DI?
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only 1 DI?

Only 1 DI?

I was looking at the new graduate's from MCRDSD a few weeks ago and noticed a platoon had only 1 DI. All of the other's had 3-5, so why did this one only have 1? It doesn't seem like one DI could as effectively train a whole platoon of 80 recruits, compared to 3-5 DI's. Can you Marines explain or give me some idea why this happened? Thanks!!

Poolee Vogt.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    I was looking at the new graduate's from MCRDSD a few weeks ago and noticed a platoon had only 1 DI. All of the other's had 3-5, so why did this one only have 1? It doesn't seem like one DI could as effectively train a whole platoon of 80 recruits, compared to 3-5 DI's. Can you Marines explain or give me some idea why this happened? Thanks!!

Poolee Vogt.
    Is this a picture you saw or was it at the actual graduation?

Either way the other Marine DI's must have been busy, i.e. assigned to a new platoon -- or maybe they just woke up late.

No way that a whole platoon of recruits goes through boot camp like that. We had 4, like most do, but at one point we had 7 with the three new DI's that we "picked" up towards the end. (They just graduated DI school and were bird dogging, at our expense)

Poolee Vogt.
    That's Drill Instructors to you, they've EARNED it, not DI.

For your sake, I hope when you go to boot camp, you don't call a Drill Instructor...DI.
    Get used to referring to Drill Instructors as such.

Quote Originally Posted by LASWMarine View Post
    That's Drill Instructors to you, they've EARNED it, not DI.

For your sake, I hope when you go to boot camp, you don't call a Drill Instructor...DI.
    Get used to referring to Drill Instructors as such.

poolee needs to learn somenew terms as well...lol

moonbeam, inkstick, scuttlebutt, ect..ect..

Ship Date - 20100621 MCRDSD
    Pull-ups - 13
    Crunches - 80
    Run - 11:00
    11 minute run time my ass, i cant even drive 3 miles in 11 minutes
    im sure that is his mile and a half run time...the fastest ive ever seen the run was 14:00 flat by one of our pilots

word of advice poolee, goto the gym and get up to 20 pullups, if you can do 13 now you will be able to get up to 20 in about 3 months, and 100 crunches is cake...if you can pull a 300 pft in bootcamp you will most likely get series high pft

oh man I had the same thing in boot camp wookie! It was awful going from 4 to 6 Drill Instructors. The worst part was going out to drill. We could hardly hear our Seniors commands with 5 others running around saying "tight, tight, tight" over and over

We picked up a brand new Drill Instructor on the crucible and had him until graduation, I remember when he first showed up while we were in the field and thinking "Where the hell did this guy come from?" We thought he might have been from another platoon but he turned out to be ours and it was sort of funny because it seemed like he wasn't sure when he should yell at us.

For a while our drill instructors were all being investigated by the staff because some people didn't realize where we were, so our SDI was the only one handling us most of the time, though he got a little bit of help from a new DI school grad and another senior a couple of times.

That was an interesting time in our platoon, and probably the reason we boogered initial drill.

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    11 minute run time my ass, i cant even drive 3 miles in 11 minutes
    im sure that is his mile and a half run time...the fastest ive ever seen the run was 14:00 flat by one of our pilots

word of advice poolee, goto the gym and get up to 20 pullups, if you can do 13 now you will be able to get up to 20 in about 3 months, and 100 crunches is cake...if you can pull a 300 pft in bootcamp you will most likely get series high pft
    Thats a mile and a half Sgt. I use to be able to do 100 crunches in a minute 30 and then for some reason after wrestling season, they went to complete ****.

Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Is this a picture you saw or was it at the actual graduation?

Either way the other Marine DI's must have been busy, i.e. assigned to a new platoon -- or maybe they just woke up late.

No way that a whole platoon of recruits goes through boot camp like that. We had 4, like most do, but at one point we had 7 with the three new DI's that we "picked" up towards the end. (They just graduated DI school and were bird dogging, at our expense)
    It was a graduation picture, he was the only one standing there and only his name was on the board infront of the new graduates. I figured they would of at least put the other Drill Instructor name's there, even if they had been reassigned. Wish I would of screen pic'd it.

possible the others got fired around the time that photo was taken.

it happens sometimes.

That would make sence SSgt. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't just one Drill Instructor, becuase that just seems wack.

wack.... how old are you?

but yeah, that just would suck for the ONE DI....

Credits
    Savings
    We had one kill-hat for about 2-3 weeks. Then we picked up a new DI who was on his 2nd platoon, so he felt he had to punish us since he wasn't quite as hard on his first platoon (didn't know then what he knew now!) that sucked but all in all it was good training!

One DI...man, that must have been one sloppy platoon if they went that long without more!

Thats a mile and a half Sgt. I use to be able to do 100 crunches in a minute 30 and then for some reason after wrestling season, they went to complete ****.
    that makes sense now.
    Marines only run 3 miles, keep that in mind before you leave. start training running like 4 miles it will get your run time down. and i can still do 100 cruntches in under a minute and im 36 years old

you get more bang for your buck from pullups so work on getting up to 20.

Thread Information