New MCO? - Page 2
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New MCO?

Quote Originally Posted by BR34 View Post
    LMAO...there's a MCO for grass walkers?
    its called respect for other peoples property.

the other thing that gets me going is seeing how people dress when going to the exchange/7day ect..ect...what happened to proper civilian attire?

i just want yo go up behind them and pull their fricken pants up and straighten their hats out.

Quote Originally Posted by GREY MATTER View Post
    its called respect for other peoples property.
    Lol. Okay, who are the people that the property belongs to? Is it the Commandant? The American tax payers? The Marines? The lawn crews? Who is being disrespected?

It's grass!

The real reason is because if a bunch of Marine start walking in it, in the same place, they will eventually walk a dead path right through it, making it look like sh*t in the process. It has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    a m/gy/sgt that was talking to us here in the chat room sent me a e-mail said he could not get on the chat room from no on because of it he is a recuter in n,c that some of us know the capt does

Lol. Okay, who are the people that the property belongs to? Is it the Commandant? The American tax payers? The Marines? The lawn crews? Who is being disrespected?

It's grass!

The real reason is because if a bunch of Marine start walking in it, in the same place, they will eventually walk a dead path right through it, making it look like sh*t in the process. It has nothing to do with disrespecting anyone.
    i bet you also think its okay to chew gum in uniform and walk and talk on a cell phone in uniform too dont you

let mess guess, you are still on your first enlistment, and are one of the people i am referring to

i bet you also think its okay to chew gum in uniform and walk and talk on a cell phone in uniform too dont you

let mess guess, you are still on your first enlistment, and are one of the people i am referring to
    Nah, I don't like nasty. But not liking nasty ain't the same as saying that "nasty means disrespect".

I'm on my first enlistment, and I drive to where I need to go.

What does my first enlistment have to do with the absolute absurdity of your "Grass walking is disrespectful" post though? Walking in the grass is nasty because it kills the grass, not because it's disrespectful.

But wait, do I have to be a 11 year Sgt to recognize something like that?

LMAO...there's a MCO for grass walkers?
    Only in the Marine Corps does walking on grass, kill it. How about install a sprinkler system or use fertilizer? Oh and 6 hours of a hose pouring water on dirt does not equal grass is going to grow.

Nah man, it can happen. I've seen it plenty times back home. Neighborhoods with people living on the corners...kids would cut through their grass as shortcuts...eventually after enough people constantly walking the same path through the gras, it DOES actually kill it.

But, is that disrespectful to a certain person? Certainly not...And it damn sure ain't something somebody should use a stripe over. Seriously, who in the hell would write papers on a Marine for walking in grass? That's a weak Marine at his core if you ask me.

I can understand a whole battalion walking through the same spot every day. But one Marine cutting through to get from his car to his room twice a day isn't going to do anything. The Corps cares about grass too damn much.

Yeah, you cant go to alot of places on the NMCI network......

Nah, I don't like nasty. But not liking nasty ain't the same as saying that "nasty means disrespect".

I'm on my first enlistment, and I drive to where I need to go.

What does my first enlistment have to do with the absolute absurdity of your "Grass walking is disrespectful" post though? Walking in the grass is nasty because it kills the grass, not because it's disrespectful.

But wait, do I have to be a 11 year Sgt to recognize something like that?
    it just goes to show it isnt the same marine corps, and fwiw, im on my 3rd enlistment yes, but i have also been out for a total of about 4 years since my first enlistment

So, you were in the Corps. Got out and...what, couldn't hack it? Or are you that Sergeant who calls Marines faggots and freak and humiliates them because it gets your dick hard and your civilian job fired you for having that "I'm a god" mentality?

Get back out, please. The Corps is fine the way it is.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Matt - STFU! I can't wait til you get out and see how well you adjust to civilian life again. You make fun of but, it will happen to you too.

It's not that nobody can't "hack" anything.

it just goes to show it isnt the same marine corps, and fwiw, im on my 3rd enlistment yes, but i have also been out for a total of about 4 years since my first enlistment
    No, it is the same Marine Corps. It's the Marines that have changed. Zombied thinkers aren't valued as much as yesteryear (I guess in your case "yesteryear" would mean 4 years ago, huh salt dog?). There's nothing wrong with being an independent thinker. If I feel like something is stupid, I'll make it known. Calling a grass walker disrespectful is stupid. Does that mean I'm going to go trample on the SMMC's lawn? Nope, I still follow all the traditions put in place before me, I'm just not so brainwashed or p*ssiefied that I'm afraid to speak on them.

There's way more important things going wrong in the Marine Corps for someone to be so "disgusted" by a Marine walking in grass that they think he/she should get busted down for it. But like I said, it takes a certain kind of Marine to even contemplate writing another Marine up for such a thing. And hopefully those type of Marines won't make the Marine Corps their career.

Back on the topic.

Only the Marines who have government computers can't access those sites.

I'm in my room right now and since I pay the Iraqis for my internet I can do whatever I want. Also the SPAWAR-MWR still have access to it. Usually after 1800 here, the internet opened up to facebook, myspace, gmail etc but no longer now.

(someone please make a new thread about walking in the grass, be entertaining!)

The SDP is walking on the grass! Time to get my charge sheet!

Thread Information