Here's my Story... Assistance please?? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RhodeIsland View Post
    You work for Geiko??? No wonder you Posted in my Thread "What Kind of Vehicles do you Drive?"

I hope you didn't Register on this Site Looking for Buisness.
    Things are starting to add up now.
    Let me be very clear and tell you that us Marines here are very HYPER-VIGILENTE and will pick apart every word you say and analize it over and over and over again.

Choose your words wisely
    Bahaha.... Not soliciting... I promise lol

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisrandy View Post
    Here's a bit about me. I am now 27, B-day 9-20-81. White, male, 5'10" 175.

Education:
    Completed 11th Grade
    G.E.D.
    Currently enrolled in college with 36 credits and 8 months til I get my Associates in Software Engineering/I.T.
    Charges:
    1997 - Theft under 500.00 (Misdemeanor) Probation - SERVED
    1998 - Simple Possesion & paraphernalia (Misdemeanor) Probation - SERVED
    2008 - 2nd Degree Assault (Misdemeanor) Currently on Probation working on getting it dismissed for good behavior. (walk in on my wife (now ex) and another man in my house.... I get arrested.... Assault on him not her.
    Even if you are able to overcome all of that to enlist, you should really consider the age thing. The average age of an enlistee is around 18, you are going to be a decade + older than those around year, and at least a couple of years older than the Sergeants and junior officers. It might not seem like anything now, but it will make a difference.

On the same note, all of the older guys when I was in ended up in headquarters platoon, doing admin nonsense. Given your age, education, and professional experience, you might very well end up in the same situation.

Quote Originally Posted by samthomas View Post
    Even if you are able to overcome all of that to enlist, you should really consider the age thing. The average age of an enlistee is around 18, you are going to be a decade + older than those around year, and at least a couple of years older than the Sergeants and junior officers. It might not seem like anything now, but it will make a difference.

On the same note, all of the older guys when I was in ended up in headquarters platoon, doing admin nonsense. Given your age, education, and professional experience, you might very well end up in the same situation.

How old are you?

Nevermind, I thought you were still active... This is something that if you never try it when we look back we will regret it. At least now that your out you are able to say I tried it and chose otherwise.... If I dont try this I will regret it for the rest of my life. We only live once....

I've know plenty of older Marines... age isn't a huge factor unless you can't lead from the front... if you are old and can't PT with the younger Marines then you're gonna be singled out.

you just have to work harder to be on par with them is all, not a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    I've know plenty of older Marines... age isn't a huge factor unless you can't lead from the front... if you are old and can't PT with the younger Marines then you're gonna be singled out.

you just have to work harder to be on par with them is all, not a big deal.
    Thank you, with the obstacles that are yet to overcome with getting a recruiter's attention, I need a bit of encouragement right now.

there's a reason the age is 29 and not 31 like the army... or is it 33 now?

you need to stop posting fvck-me photos for your avatar and go get yourself a recruiter.

Now..now....

And, it's 40 for the Army now. NO kidding.

you need to stop posting fvck-me photos for your avatar and go get yourself a recruiter.
    LOL, what kind of pix would u suggest I post... My girl took that.....

Here you go SSgt, this one doesnt totally scream fvck me... and Im not sure if I should start the process until I have this probation crap settled that way theyre not waiting on me, and me waiting on the court systems... Ya know??

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Leprechaun View Post
    And, it's 40 for the Army now. NO kidding.
    I couldn't imagine going through basic training at 40; you would have to be really desperate to go through that.

I couldn't imagine going through basic training at 40; you would have to be really desperate to go through that.
    Or to be fair, really motivated.

True. But I wouldn't want to do that, either.

Of course, this is Arrrrmy basic we are talkin about here. So...

the Marines had full metal jacket, the Army had stripes with bill murray, sam raimi and joh candy....

all of the older guys when I was in ended up in headquarters platoon, doing admin nonsense. Given your age, education, and professional experience, you might very well end up in the same situation.
    We called them Remington Raiders...
    Good luck kid,,,,get off the probation ,and you're good to go..

Thread Information