"how do I get back in" Sgt and below - Page 9
Create Post
Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Anyone have a list of places the package goes through? My PSR told me but It was confusing on where and why it goes to those places. He says that it could be kicked back for any stupid reason including having an ugly mug in the photo, and to expect at least one kickback anytime.

well, if it's like I think it is, all PSRs fall under the 9th recruiting district (or some other district) so it's very similar to what I went through. Goes to the gaining command (as the RS) then once approved there it goes to district then to ERR/WRR then to MMEA-6 and back down. But I'm not sure if non-SNCOs have to go up to MMEA-6 or not... probably do as it's the monitor section.

and yes, if someone doesn't like the way the package looks it'll get kicked back. happened to me about 12 times, once for each month I waited.

Want back in

I came back from my third tour last July and EAS out of the CORPS as a SGT and joined the ARMY Ive been in the Army a year and between them messing their paperwork up and screwing my pay up severly .I wann know if I'd be able to rejoin my old unit as an e5 or if I would have to go back to recruit training even.I've only bveen out since July 2008 i heard theres like a 5 year window to come on home the where I belong the Army is a horrible establishment I'd rather go back to the grunts chewing dirt like I use too

uh, no you wouldn't go back through RECRUIT training as an E5.

as for you getting out of your army contract... probably no dice. but you'd need a dd-368

I could get the dd 368 my question is do i have to go to recruit training again even though i've only been out a year or do i just go to the reserve unit and getanother contract

Quote Originally Posted by Thinblueline81 View Post
    I'll try and make this as simple to understand as I can, without complicating the situation.

I am a prior service Marine, now serving in the Army National Guard as a E-5/Sgt. My DD214 from the Marine Corps, says General under honorable conditions with a RE-1 code (not RE-1A but RE-1). The reason for separation on my DD214 says "Secretarial Authority". (Had an NJP during my enlistment)

I am looking to do an inter-service transfer from the National Guard to the Marine Corps Reserve. Does anyone know if this is possible with my General under honorable discharge?

Also are there any prior service recruiters on this website that may be able to help me or provide information.

I have been searching everywhere for answers.
    Ok....update, apparently I am good to go on the re-enlistment because they don't really go by the discharge characterization but rather the RE code.

I am facing a deployment in early 2010. I doubt that my CO is going to sign off on that DD368 form now due to our deployment, however I have been told that once the deployment ends they are going to release whoever wants to transfer to other units or services.

My new question....due to how long this process takes, ie. off contract waiver, prior service waiver, tattoo waiver. Can I start the process now and therefor have all these waivers in the works while Im deployed OR do I need that DD368 signed before anything will be submitted for a waiver?

Also, I have my OMPF. What are pages 3, 11, 12 and CRCR? Those are the things I need, however my OMPF is broken down into many different folders.

Also, I have my OMPF. What are pages 3, 11, 12 and CRCR? Those are the things I need, however my OMPF is broken down into many different folders.
    If you have it on CD, then your PSR or Recruiter will handle it for you, but make sure you give him the correct passcode and make darn sure you make a copy for yourself!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by adtrevino View Post
    I could get the dd 368 my question is do i have to go to recruit training again even though i've only been out a year or do i just go to the reserve unit and getanother contract

Ok, so I thought you'd pick up on my emphasizing the RECRUIT part of recruit training. Why would you think a Sgt would have to go back through it?

You can join the AD component if you wanted to give it a go. Just go talk to a recruiter (doesn't need to be a prior service recruiter) near you and they'll get to work on the DD-368 with you.

Ok....update, apparently I am good to go on the re-enlistment because they don't really go by the discharge characterization but rather the RE code.

I am facing a deployment in early 2010. I doubt that my CO is going to sign off on that DD368 form now due to our deployment, however I have been told that once the deployment ends they are going to release whoever wants to transfer to other units or services.

My new question....due to how long this process takes, ie. off contract waiver, prior service waiver, tattoo waiver. Can I start the process now and therefor have all these waivers in the works while Im deployed OR do I need that DD368 signed before anything will be submitted for a waiver?
    your recruiter needs the DD-368 conditional release in order to work with you as you DO belong to another unit/branch/component. Once they have that they can only work with you for however long the DD-368 has been authorized for so ensure they do it up to the end of your current contract as you don't know how long your specific package will take and if it expires while you're working on it they can't touch you even if it's at the last stop.
    If it goes beyond the ECC then they no longer need it as you're no longer in a branch of service.

as for your OMPF, they will ask you to extract the information you need from it, there's no need for them to have your passcode. when they ask you can get it for them.

Thank you Staff Sergeant Petz. Do you happen to know what documents the Page 3, 11, and 12 and CRCR are? I'm trying to get that stuff put aside right now.

well, if you've ever heard of a page 11 or NJP then you know what the page 11 and 12 are respectively. the page three should have something to do with something else.... can't remember without looking at mine. the CRCR is a report on how many days you were active duty/drill/special duty. It just fell the way it did that I had 5 years of qualifying years of service since I had more than 50 days into my last year to count towards a year towards a reserve retirement.

I see, I figured the Page 11 was disciplinary related, but wasn't positive. CRCR sounds like the retirement points paperwork. Anyway, thanks for your help

I ain't seen it yet so I'll ask it. well actually I think I have seen it but didn't put two and two together.

Is there a specific pathway to go Active after fulfilling a Reserve contract? Or are you just shooting for AR or some other duty wherever your Reserve unit is?

are you asking someone a question? I'm kinda confused. I'm going to pretend that you're asking me about your career path after your reserve contract.

after you finish your reserve contract and you pay-grade allows you to serve 48 months consecutively without meeting your high tenure then you are able to put in a PSEP package for AD component, so long as you're Sgt or below it will be a quick painless process. Anything higher it will take time and you'll end up losing part of your sanity.

You CAN go AR if you so choose but promotions suck in the AR and I'd recommend against it if you want to do this job for real.

I hope this helped.

I see, I figured the Page 11 was disciplinary related, but wasn't positive. CRCR sounds like the retirement points paperwork. Anyway, thanks for your help

SEE I know you knew what I knew I meant but couldn't spit out properly. It is the retirement points sheet. and yeah, I figured you were aware of the page 11 but weren't sure. not many people know about the page 12 as NJPs though.

keep in mind that page 11s can be positive too, meritorious masts are page 11 entries as are cir-coms.

Thread Information