What do you fellow Poolees do for your Poolee Meets/Days?
Create Post
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings

What do you fellow Poolees do for your Poolee Meets/Days?

So what do you guys do? Here's what I did:

Woke up this morning at 0645 for the IST because I was a turd and failed it the first time with a 13:31 run.

Due to some motivation by one of my recruiters I passed with a 13:06 while having a semi-injured ankle. It sucked and my legs hurt and after the first 1/8 mile I wanted to just quit but I trucked it out and when I finally passed I was damn happy. I got 14 pullups and 116 crunches too which are new records for me.

Then after the IST all of us from the RSS went to this chicken restaurant where there's this challenge. If you eat all 12 of the "spicy" chicken wings in 10 minutes you win. In the past, only one of the recruiters has passed, one got 5 and one of the new recruiters today got 1. About 6 poolees tried it and the best person got 2.5 before quitting. Some people took one bite and were done and people who had even just 1 were dying. There eyes were red, snot coming out of their mouth, puking, face was purple, they were sweating. Lol...I'm so glad I didn't do it. I have videos though that I'll post later. I tried the sauce and dipped my finger in it and ate it and even that made me start coughing, burning, sweating.

Next weekend we're going to the beach for a "run"... Beach run...FML. Should be fun after though.

Run IST's and whatever PT/workout they decide to slay us with that day. Usually meet Monday, Wednesday, and Friday's, including second Saturdays of the month.

We do fun activities every now and then. We just went on a group canoeing trip today, and Wednesday of this week we are going to the the Silent Drill Platoon. Can't wait.

August 14th our RSS is taking a trip to PI to watch a graduation. Have to be at the station at 0130 - which I'm not looking forward to, but it should be quite inspirational. I'm pretty excited, and it should give all of us quite a bit of motivation. Looking forward to it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    We've done quite a variety of activities. We've done IST's and drill practice, we've gone bowling and arcades, we've visited the entrepid, and on the 8th I believe we're going paintballing. I think that will be my last pool function before I ship.

Quote Originally Posted by thekevo View Post
    August 14th our RSS is taking a trip to PI to watch a graduation. Have to be at the station at 0130 - which I'm not looking forward to, but it should be quite inspirational. I'm pretty excited, and it should give all of us quite a bit of motivation. Looking forward to it.
    Nice to see another RS Atlanta guy here.
    Who's your SNCOIC? I want to head to PI to watch a graduation. Haha.

We usually do some sort of circuit course, each station having a recruiter testing our knowledge.

Down here in Texas we have weekly PT on Thursdays in which we run about 3-4 miles, do pull ups and crunches. Along our run we stop at certain point to do some exercises, and calisthenics.

Then we have our monthly IST meet on Saturday, do the usual IST. Afterwards we usually play a game(soccer, football, baseball, etc.) But last month our Sgt. Maj. got us a meet with 4th Recon(Reserve Unit), they talked to us and showed us some of their toys.

In Indianapolis we meet every Wednesday. We only run IST's once every two months. However, we get thrashed most the times. Our recruiters do every single exercise along with us, and we are in pretty good shape when the IST time comes around. Last week no one failed theirs, not even the guys and gals that have not DEP'ped in.

Quote Originally Posted by JSam View Post
    Nice to see another RS Atlanta guy here.
    Who's your SNCOIC? I want to head to PI to watch a graduation. Haha.

We usually do some sort of circuit course, each station having a recruiter testing our knowledge.
    Gunnery Sergeant Ballew is our SNCOIC. We pretty much never have fun at the station - there's really no such thing. We're not there to have fun and play games, we're always getting blasted, which I don't really mind - that's the way it should be. It's always workout, workout, workout.

Oh... sometimes we play ultimate football which is fun man. But it is fast paced lots of cardio. We get thrashed.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    We only have 1 poolee I think now that can't do the IST, mostly because he's overweight/too weak. That will change soon though as he goes to PT every time and is willing to put some work in.

we meet every Wednesday and either play games like football or basketball all fast paced ( if we don't go fast we run and push) or we do circuits or stations. Every Monday we also have "Monday Fundays" with our SNCOIC and the other recruiters which is and intense workout for anyone who can't pass the IST and anyone else who wants to go and motivate. The second Saturday of each month we also get together and run an IST, and then practice drill get courses on our Knowledge then mess around playing some game

our RSS meet's up every saturday at 0800.
    last saturday our First Sergeant came into our RSS and Ran the 3 mile with us halfway we did pushups, situps, sungods, etc. then we ran back in formation I was the crossing gaurd. We later went to Lancaster park and played Dodgeball
    after we got done with that we wenttop round table and ate.

I had a full reply typed out and accidentally lost it when I hit the wrong key. I'm re-typing it into a text editor this time so I can copy+paste when I'm done. Learning has occurred.

My RSS hosts optional PT every Monday through Thursday at 1600, and mandatory pool functions every 3rd Saturday of the month. This past month, we hit the beach for a MCMAP conditioning circuit course. Nine orange safety cones were set out on the beach in a loose circle, each roughly 20 yards apart. A different exercise was to be performed at each station, followed by a specific movement to the next station. The platoon was broken down into four squads of 10 poolees each, and the circuit was run by one squad at a time. The entire squad had to complete each exercise or motion before progressing to the next.

1st Station: 20 Stand-up Sit-ups Movement: Low crawl
    2nd Station: 20 sprints between Stations 1+2 Movement: Forward shoulder roll
    3rd Station: 10 Squad Push-ups Movement: Fireman Carry
    4th Station: 20 8-count Bodybuilders Movement: Flutter kicks
    5th Station: Max set of Crunches (2 Min) Movement: Lunges
    6th Station: 20 4-count Push-ups Movement: High crawl
    7th Station: 20 Star Grabbers Movement: Low crawl
    8th Station: 5 Squad Push-ups Movement: Bear crawl
    9th Station: 10 4-count Push-ups (Finish)

Haven't been to a meeting yet. After I got through with MEPS, I was told we meet every Wednesday, but my recruiter hasn't called. You think I should give him a call and try to meet on Wednesday? That's what I'm going to do this week.

Quote Originally Posted by danno View Post
    Haven't been to a meeting yet. After I got through with MEPS, I was told we meet every Wednesday, but my recruiter hasn't called. You think I should give him a call and try to meet on Wednesday? That's what I'm going to do this week.
    LOL. When did you DEP, and how long have you been AWOL? Your recruiter told you they meet every Wednesday. I don't think he said, "Ill call you when to come in." YES, GO WEDNESDAY to the recruiting station. It is probably their pool function. I know at my RSS it's mandatory for a poolee to come to the pool functions unless he has a good excuse and is excused by his/her recruiter.

Thread Information