What do you fellow Poolees do for your Poolee Meets/Days? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    You would be surprised at how many kids are in my pool that want to be Marines but dont put forth ANY effort.
    They're in for a real treat in Recruit Training, then!

I'm sure the Drill Instructors will take extra special care of them, but if they want it bad enough, who knows? They might just make it.

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    That's pretty sad they don't put forth much or any effort. I read stories on here about poolees/RSS' meeting once a month at most and 1 day/week for PT...kind of pathetic.

The RSS I'm from has PT Monday, Wednesday, Friday every week with a different recruiter running it each day and then Saturdays about 1/2 the time we have some sort of Poolee function/gathering. The Poolees (for the most part) are highly motivated individuals who want to be Marines and know that it won't be an easy route to get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford View Post
    The RSS I'm from has PT Monday, Wednesday, Friday every week with a different recruiter running it each day and then Saturdays about 1/2 the time we have some sort of Poolee function/gathering. The Poolees (for the most part) are highly motivated individuals who want to be Marines and know that it won't be an easy route to get there.
    I was thinking maybe we are from the same RSS. Nice to have an active RSS isn't it? Hated PT'ing and running on my own. While it still needed to be done, having a set schedule and camaraderie added in from fellow poolees and Marines definitely makes it that much easier to push yourself farther.

Get Some.

Mandatory DEP-Pool function once a month on a Saturday. Every Monday and Wednesday the poolies from the RSS get together and run. Most of the time it's 3-4 miles depending. Sometimes we do fun things like football or frisbee afterwards. I try to work out on my own but I'm usually too sore from the RSS functions >.<

Good luck to everyone at boot.

On Wednesdays we do pull ups, take a USMC knowledge test, then we usually end up playing football. After we do a 1 mile cadence run.

For real PT me and a couple other poolees meet at 1000 every morning during the week and do pullups, situps and running. Most of our pool isn't motivated at all so it's usually 5-7 guys (out of 40).

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Every thursday we do about a 3 mile broken cadence double time
    Break up during it and do sprints or run up the hill or fireman cary people pretty much anything we would do at some point in boot
    Run some more of it break it up do some knowledge Q&A thing
    Then finish the run
    Pull ups after the run

Today our RS did something new after we did the IST. We had this course that we had to do, it was as follows:
    Stage 1: run 20 meters, do 50 pushups, run back to starting position
    Stage 2: run 40 meters, do 50 crunches, run back to starting position
    Stage 3: run 60 meters, do 50 up/downs, run back to start position
    Stage 4: run 80 meters, do 50 burpies, run back to start position
    There were 2 teams competing, 10 poolees per team. Thankfully our team won so we didn't have to do extra PT. It was really difficult and tiring, but totally worth getting through it, one kid did happen to throw up though during the burpies, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Dist Expert 26 View Post
    On Wednesdays we do pull ups, take a USMC knowledge test, then we usually end up playing football. After we do a 1 mile cadence run.

For real PT me and a couple other poolees meet at 1000 every morning during the week and do pullups, situps and running. Most of our pool isn't motivated at all so it's usually 5-7 guys (out of 40).
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's GREAT that you and the fellow poolee's who meet on their own do that, though. Show's a remarkable amount of COMMITMENT. Have you tried talking to one or all / main recruiter(s) about having more official yet optional (but highly encouraged and pushed) pool functions.

We have one every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday where a recruiter or Marine on RA will run a PT session at the local park. Do IST's, workouts, whatever you can think of. Has been a great success at my RSS.

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Talk to the boss of the office i don't know if that is a GySgt. for you or a SSgt. but talk to them ask if you guys could do a little more work on poolee days because you don't think your getting as much done as you can if they totally blow you off or ignored you when you see there boss....probably a MSgt. or SgtMaj. or anyone higher ranking then them talk to them and explain the situation.

We just had interviews and one of the questions was do you think your recruiters are doing a good job of getting you ready for bootcamp or do you think what they do could use improvement

Rember if you do go over there head do so respectfully

At my RSS we have a mandatory pool function on the second Saturday
    of the month and optional PT every morning with your recruiter.

Quote Originally Posted by JWG View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that. It's GREAT that you and the fellow poolee's who meet on their own do that, though. Show's a remarkable amount of COMMITMENT. Have you tried talking to one or all / main recruiter(s) about having more official yet optional (but highly encouraged and pushed) pool functions.

We have one every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday where a recruiter or Marine on RA will run a PT session at the local park. Do IST's, workouts, whatever you can think of. Has been a great success at my RSS.
    Our GySgt was running it for a while, but he had to move his office so he can't make it very often. He pushes it, but most of these kids just don't care enough to get out of bed early. Some of them really need it too.

Those of us that do show up are seeing marked improvements in our ISTs.

Credits
    Savings
    Our RSS went to the beach yesterday and ran on the sand after some warmup PT exercises. On the way back they had us run in the water because Marines are "amphibious"....bleh that sucked hah. My shoes felt like they were 3+ pounds each. Oh and I got sunburned. But after the run we had burgers/hotdogs which were good so it wasn't all bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartford View Post
    On the way back they had us run in the water because Marines are "amphibious".

I love the dark humor involved in training recruits. Can't get enough of it

SkMike
    Guest Free Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PooleeHunt View Post
    Yep, check your DEP book. On the second page it says 'You are required to maintain weekly contact with your recruiter. You're also required to attend scheduled meetings with your recruiter and other future Marines.' You could easily and fairly be discharged for failing to make mandatory meetings.

Theres a DEP book?

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by SkMike View Post
    Theres a DEP book?
    When Poolee's enter the DEP they're supposed to receive a tin with the EGA emblem on it. Inside there's a PT Guidebook, book of knowledge, a DVD, two "United States Marine Corps" stickers and one "Proud Parent Of A Marine" sticker.

If you did not receive it ask your recruiter it has some good information in it such as rank structure, General Orders, Marine Corps birthday, etc.

Thread Information