Driving History a DQ?
Create Post

Driving History a DQ?

I've looked far and wide on the forums for an answer to my question and on the web but cant seem to find an answer suited to the situation.

I have 1 speeding ticket which i got about 4 years ago and completely forgot that i had gotten and 2 violations(one for no proof of insurance and another for an out dated Tag, got both at the same time). All three fines were paid on time.

My problem is i didnt tell my recruiter about any of it during my interview before i went to MEPS. He never asked me about my driving record so i didnt think i needed to say anything about it(i really didnt think it was a big deal). Well the next day i went to meps and got through all my interviews just fine, no one asked me about my driving record except the for my last interview. I think it was the FBI guy b/c he was in a black suit and tie and took my prints, but anyways the only question close to my driving record he asked me was " Do you have any unpaid speeding tickets" to wich i replyed "No"(not even remembering i had a speeding ticket). Well after it all i had about a 2 hour wait in a room by myself watching CNN waiting for my recruiter to pick me up, i was nervous as im sure most are during that day and i started thinking about my interviews and then it hit me, I had a speeding ticket... i got real nervous and as soon as me and my recruiter got into the car i told him about all my 2 fines and if i should of told anyone and that i had a speeding ticket that i had forgotten about. He told me not to worry about it, that it wasnt a big deal and if they foundout and asked me about it to just tell them i had forgotten and that should be it.

I've been reading the forums for a few weeks daily and reading all the old posts, Now im kinda nervous about getting DQ after seeing all the stuff i can be DQ for and the "moment of truth" thing.

My questions are, what should i do in this situation? or should i even worry about it? and should i make my recruiter make some kind of amendment to my paperwork? or would that be like admitting guilt to fradulent enlistment?. I dont think i did anything wrong but i cant help but worry about it and feel nervous. Any help help or comments would are apreciated and may even make me feel better lol.

-Ski

For starters, slow down, before you give yourself a heart attack.

Ok, so you got a speeding ticket. You say you paid it and that it was about 4 years ago.You should have no trouble. Same with the violations. Now, if you hadn't paid them, that would be a different story. Besides, you only received a speeding ticket, so you weren't anything other than going to fast, or at least that's all they charged you with.

So, all in all, don't stress. If you really have in issue with it, ask your recruiter to amend your package, but I doubt you'll need to.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Thank you OB MSG, i was just worried about this "Moment of truth" thing i keep hearing about, I mean i dont want to lie at all and i didnt know if that was something worth mentioning or not during my moment. I would hate to say i had nothing to share and then be called a liar and get DQ for something so stupid.

You're welcome.

I responded to a thread earlier about the moment of truth, and I will tell you this. I had a MSGT about 3 inches from my face telling me I was a liar and that he would see me and the other guys that had nothing to confess in 30 days standing tall before him. I never budged, (didn't have to), and everything has been smooth sailing. You told your recruiter about your driving record and that should clear the air.

Awesome you have been a great help and i feel much better now, thank you very much.

I didn't read your whole first post but... I got a speeding ticket just before boot camp... told my recruiter, they said if I take care of it and don't get arrested I'm fine and no new paperwork needs to get done...

I took care of it, well I lost my license... didn't know that, but the Michigan license I had was still good, I shouldn't have gotten my military drivers certs at MOS school, but I did... I shouldn't have been driving around on RA but I did... because they suspended my license while I was at boot camp and my parents never told me...

so, yeah... if I can do it, so can you.

I didn't know it was suspended until I went to renue it and found out I had to pay 240 dollars to "unsuspend" it... I got a good laugh out of that one...

Thread Information