Do you ever question your decision? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not to drill on the same point and sound like a broken record player, but I had the same thoughts for a while too. I saw all my friends going to college and living that life and I looked at mine and thought, "What the hell am I doing?" But, I spoke with my Recruiter who gave me a key piece of advice. He told me that there will be times when I doubt my decision, but it's just the fear of the unknown. We don't know exactly what happens after Recruit Training. We don't know what will happen AT Recruit Training. But in the end we will all look back on our decision and say tou ourselves we did the right thing and that we enlisted and fought so that our friends could stay and party in college. Whenever I'm feeling down I grab my Ipod and go for a run while listening to Cadences. That's like 150Mg(Sp?) of moto straight to the blood stream. Good luck!

I had some thoughts the night before I went to swear in...it lasted about 10 minutes. I haven't had a second thought since.

I swore in on Friday. About the time where they called me into the back section to go over my contract one more time, ask if lied for the last time, and then finger printed me, I had that "what the heck am I getting myself into?" feeling hit me. It took a few hours to wear off, but when I saw my recruiter, grabbed my bag and got in the car to go home, it was gone and I was proud. It was also re-affirmed when I went to my first Poolee function today too. Fun stuff. Stay motivated

Edit. Mtts, you're going to be getting to the island three days before I leave it. My graduation date, pending nothing goes wrong is that Friday the 28th. Maybe you'll see me marching across the parade deck when a big scary Drill Instructor is hustlin you to your new home

No way! I know there is nothing more that I want than I want to have the honor of calling myself a United States Marine!

Thread Information