Ship date pushed back?
Closed Thread
    Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Ship date pushed back?

Does anyone know the reasons behind getting your shipped date pushed back? Paperwork, not showing up too poolee PT, or just the Corps? I was scheduled to leave Nov 16th 2009 and my date got pushed back till Jan 4th 2010 for unknown reasons. According to my recruiter, its because the to many people are trying to be a Marines and that's how the cookie crumbles. Honestly, i think its total BS because i keep contact with him on a regular basis and do what i have to do, unlike some other of my fellow poolees who have gone "ghost" and dont even call or show up. This kid i went to MEPS with got pushed back by only a month, are you serious? I dont know how some other people live, but I really need to leave, ASAP. Waitings cool, but waiting more? come'on, you could do better. Im excited to earn the title Marine, but damn, how "moto" can someone be when everything just seems to fall apart day by day.

If you haven't heard... The Marine Corps has increased their number of Marines.

What this means for poolee's:
    - This means that cuts in shipping months MAY be cut. Let's say your RSS has 7 going in one month. And then the Marine Corps cuts that down because of the increase in our numbers, so now there is sa 4 going in that month. So this means that if your time in the DEP is closer to 365 days in, you will be one of the 4 going in that month. If you time in the DEP is a bit less you will be placed in a Different shipping month. It is not your recruiters fault.

This also means the the amount of MOS's available during that time period are getting filled. Like Infantry. They are over filled, and your chances of getting that MOS with the ship date you want are a bit less, than before the spike in numbers.

Hope this Helps!
    -Williams

Why would your recruiter bs-you. If you didn't all ready know the Marine Corps is very full. My recruiter just put in the last high school graduate for the rest of the year in our area, there's like six waiting to get in.

No. It is because of the recruits going in the reserves HAD to go during the summer so they could be done in time for school so that means they had to push everyones date back so they could accommodate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Poolee Martin1 View Post
    No. It is because of the recruits going in the reserves HAD to go during the summer so they could be done in time for school so that means they had to push everyones date back so they could accommodate them.
    You have to have your High School diploma or a letter from your school saying that you have met the graduation requirements to even go into the Marine Corps (That's Active Duty and Reserves).

Quote Originally Posted by AFutureMarine View Post
    You have to have your High School diploma or a letter from your school saying that you have met the graduation requirements to even go into the Marine Corps (That's Active Duty and Reserves).
    ...School as in college. No sh!t you can't go to boot before you graduate. This aint the army son.

Last edited by thedrifter; 07-22-09 at 07:33 PM. Reason: SINCE YOU BEEN WARNED A FEW TIMES ABOUT OVERRIDING THE CENSOR>>>YOU JUST EARNED A TIME OUT

...School as in college. No sh!t you can't go to boot before you graduate. This aint the army son.
    Is this all you do, sit there and make rude comments to people. I dont think you have a post without a swear word in it, or without trying to start something. Its getting really annoying to me, and if the Marines were able to post, you would be ripped to shreads daily for it. Do not flame the army, they have done stuff that you havn't yet, all you did was sign a dotted line. All that I ask and im guessing there are others, that you just turn it down. What AFM is CORRECT and it is the best answer for his question, what you said is only part of the reason. If your having some anger issues or some roid rage, take it some where else, this is not the place.

Just a note: You did not SPECIFY which type of school you were addressing. Maybe next time you need to be more clear.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Is this all you do, sit there and make rude comments to people. I dont think you have a post without a swear word in it, or without trying to start something. Its getting really annoying to me, and if the Marines were able to post, you would be ripped to shreads daily for it. Do not flame the army, they have done stuff that you havn't yet, all you did was sign a dotted line. All that I ask and im guessing there are others, that you just turn it down. What AFM is CORRECT and it is the best answer for his question, what you said is only part of the reason. If your having some anger issues or some roid rage, take it some where else, this is not the place.
    ... I don't think I said a damn thing about you did I? I was already involved in this thread and you came in here trying to come at me so why don't you take your own advice from another thread and send me a pm big boy. If your worried about my cussing you will have a rude wake up call.

... I don't think I said a damn thing about you did I? I was already involved in this thread and you came in here trying to come at me so why don't you take your own advice from another thread and send me a pm big boy. If your worried about my cussing you will have a rude wake up call.
    Because, no one else is saying anything about it, so I did. I cuss alot myself and I could careless, this just isn't the place for it.

Quote Originally Posted by AFutureMarine View Post
    Just a note: You did not SPECIFY which type of school you were addressing. Maybe next time you need to be more clear.
    Well I had thought that was common knowledge. I'm sorry I didnt specify for the slower ones in our group.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Because, no one else is saying anything about it, so I did. I cuss alot myself and I could careless, this just isn't the place for it.
    Are you still talking to me on here? I thought I told you to take your own advice and send me a pm, you do not listen well do you?

Credits
    Savings
    Are you still talking to me on here? I thought I told you to take your own advice and send me a pm, you do not listen well do you?
    Bro, look that kid MarinesFTW was trying to get at me in another freaking thread. He is a damn tough guy on the keyboard. I wished that I could have one round with him with the pugil sticks but he is touched by an angel not to go up against me. He was just recently sworn in anyways so he thinks he is big and bad. Let him talk his **** in here and then when the Drill Instructors and the rest of his platoon see's him as a ass kisser he will notice a big change.

As for you bro I got your back. Us August 17th Poolees must stick together. Stay motivated.

MarinesFTW stop trying to be the good guy on all these threads. You talk about what the Marines would do as if you were one yourself. Guess what. Your a damn poolee. Understand that. Move the hell on. Problems Comments? Too damn bad because no one cares what your opinion is.

Quote Originally Posted by ramos360 View Post
    Bro, look that kid MarinesFTW was trying to get at me in another freaking thread. He is a damn tough guy on the keyboard. I wished that I could have one round with him with the pugil sticks but he is touched by an angel not to go up against me. He was just recently sworn in anyways so he thinks he is big and bad. Let him talk his **** in here and then when the Drill Instructors and the rest of his platoon see's him as a ass kisser he will notice a big change.

As for you bro I got your back. Us August 17th Poolees must stick together. Stay motivated.

MarinesFTW stop trying to be the good guy on all these threads. You talk about what the Marines would do as if you were one yourself. Guess what. Your a damn poolee. Understand that. Move the hell on. Problems Comments? Too damn bad because no one cares what your opinion is.
    Yes, becuase I am totally acting like a big huge old bad ass talking smack acting like the DI's are going to praise you guy's as God's greatest recruits? I've been here longer then you, granted not much longer, but you have 52 post, and by the looks of it, most of them have been in the past month. I dont think im bad ass because I signed a dotted line, and rose my right hand, but it sure looks like you do. You say im trying to act like a tough guy behind a keyboard but here you are saying all this ****. Lets be more of a
    Hypocrite(sp?). Im sorry I dont want the mods to remove the whole section becuase some poolee's are ruining it for the rest of us. Guess what, its people like you who post like this, that got the Marines removed.

Last edited by MarinesFTW; 07-22-09 at 07:47 PM. Reason: editing

5 minute rule ftl

Yes, becuase I am totally acting like a big huge old bad ass talking smack. While you guys are acting like the DI's are going to praise you as God's greatest recruits?
    This was suppose to be the first sentence. Both idea's joined into one, make no sence at all...

Thread Information