Where were you in '69?
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Images

Where were you in '69?

July, 20, 1969. I was in a little town called PCP. Physical conditioning platoon. Where the fatbodies went, but I wasn't fat, just weak. Didn't have my pullups in order. I had double rations in the mess, with hungry eyes of the half dead staring. We were all half dead, Working in an 18 hour hell like we did. Was there 4 weeks.
    One day,,,, This day 40 years ago, the DI drug an old black and white out of the duty hut for us to watch. For 1/2 hour we watched the Apollo 11 moon landing.
    When I needed it, [so did the dead around me], I felt I was a part of something. I felt I could go on. It's something big, Gentlemen,,,,,, Our Country. From then till this day, I haven't given up.

From that day on,,, I can never give up. Moto I guess.
    I went on to do a bunch of Forrest Gump stuff, Like putting my hand on Nixen's shoulder, or running the PA for John Wayne in a parade in O'side. Or taking Howard Cosell to his room when he was drunk.

Just wanted to say, Marines,,,,,,, We meant sumpthin. And what means the most to me, Is this GOD Given Country,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

Bad Memories.

.....July 20, 1969....I was humping up and down the beautiful countryside of Viet Nam. Don't remember our exact AO, but it was within a click of Con Thien. Moon landing??....SORRY, but all the money that we've spent in space wasn't worth ONE MARINE LIFE!! All of you cherries who think that space exploration is so patriotic, and something we should hold in great regard, have some fvcked up priorities!!!! It was the year I SHOULD have graduated from a four year college. I was a 23 year old Navy Corpsman watching fine, brave, and dedicated 17, 18, and 19 year old MARINES....some virgins....being wounded and killed...FOR WHAT??????...Do you think that the only mission to the moon was to pick up rocks????? At the top of our military dominance we landed, with THREE military veterans...to do WHAT??? GOD rest the souls of the Marines who gave their lives to save us all from the COMMIES!!!....ANGRY OLD FVCK

jetdawgg
    Guest Free Member
    South Carolina. No not PISC

Credits
    Savings
    EAS, in September.

My dad's scrotum.

my dads sack lol, they where prolly getting groovy at some "ROCK" concert dropping acid and smoking pot prolly.

1969 married for 2 yr. living in Benton, AR and working in Little Rock and also had a daughter born in May, but lived only 3 days.

CYO summer wrestling camp. Corvallis, Oregon

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    PI at some school, already graduated from PI in 68
    Semper Fi Redman1

I was a tadpole in my Mom's belly.

July 21 69 khe san and Hong Kong R & R

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Thank You Ed!!

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    At school.

Tomorrow we find out Uncle Wallace got injured during Operation Pipe Stone Canyon. Explosion messed a leg up pretty bad and they would end up amputating. Aug 12 1969 gangrene took him.

Credits
    Savings
    ITR... Camp Pendleton ,San Onofre...tent city. It was a hot, dirty and ballbustin' kinda day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Palmer View Post
    July 21 68 khe san and Hong Kong R & R
    OH MAN
    I'm Glad that I caught it before somebody else did,It was 68
    that they shut down Khe San and I went on R &R.
    In 69 I was on I & I duty in Abilene Tex 1/69-- 4/71

Thread Information