C Rations 1953
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C Rations 1953

C Rations 1953

Was I the only guy in country that would eat Ham & Limas or Ham & Eggs Chopped ???

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    YUMMMMY!!!....Ham and Mutha's!! YES....we had c-rats from the 50's...and there was NOTHING wrong with them!! The only problem they caused was something called PTSD!!!!!!!....HA! HA! HA!......DOC

Credits
    Savings
    Never bothered me. I thought I had died and went to Heaven the 1st time I ate in a chow hall and C-Rats, no matter which ones, were just fine for me!!

We got C Rats in MCT, they weren't very great though. I still don't mind MREs as long as I don't have to eat them for more than a month at a time.

I loved C rats, especially chicken & noodles. I didn't care much for Ham & Limas but everything else was GREAT. (I just don't like lima beans). John Wayne biscuits, yum yum.

I remember getting a mini pack of Lucky Strikes in a green pack & I got all excited thinking it was a new wrapper. Then my plt. sargent told me that the green pack was WWII issue.

Ham an Limas weren't bad as long as you used about a half a baottle of tabasco. Wish i had a cuople cases of the old c rats- peaches and pound cake-the best.

Ham and mothers were ok as long as they were hot. It had to be hot to melt all of the fat.

We ate c-rates for over 6 months straight and survived . I would invert the case and each Marine drew a box blindly (for those that haven't eaten C-rats the bottom was unlabeled) and ate ham & limas if drawn .I can't recall anyone willing to trade their turkey loaf for ham & limas!

Quote Originally Posted by Corporal M View Post
    We got C Rats in MCT, they weren't very great though. I still don't mind MREs as long as I don't have to eat them for more than a month at a time.

You had C-rats in MCT, in 2005?!?!? Damn, those had to be oooooooooold!

I Ate better in the USMC than before or since . . .

Quote Originally Posted by crasha51pan View Post
    Was I the only guy in country that would eat Ham & Limas or Ham & Eggs Chopped ???
    I never had any money, guys. I'd still like to eat 'em, any of the C's and I always gave the cigarettes away. Only intelligent choice I ever made. Gary Hall, Gung Ho.

Quote Originally Posted by zx6rdr View Post
    You had C-rats in MCT, in 2005?!?!? Damn, those had to be oooooooooold!
    Probably T-rats, we had those at camp wilson. But it is the Corps. so you never know...

c-rats

Quote Originally Posted by SgtThrasher View Post
    We ate c-rates for over 6 months straight and survived . I would invert the case and each Marine drew a box blindly (for those that haven't eaten C-rats the bottom was unlabeled) and ate ham & limas if drawn .I can't recall anyone willing to trade their turkey loaf for ham & limas!
    Hay I know this guy and he could eat a horse every meal.

Someone posted a video of a soldier at his retirement ceremony (just recently) opening a C-rat can of Pound cake, that he recieved in the late sixties leaving vietnam.He kept it for a momento until the day he would retire. I thought that was pretty cool, especially when he ate some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by SgtThrasher View Post
    We ate c-rates for over 6 months straight and survived .
    Damn! How did you make it? I did about two weeks & can't remember ever making a head call. I think my butt was clogged with cement.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Probably T-rats, we had those at camp wilson. But it is the Corps. so you never know...

I was thinking the same thing; I came in 8 years before this guy and didnt see a C-Rat one. T-Rats on the other hand.... Mmmmmmmm Square egg cubes and frozen coffee cake... definately had my share of that!

But, like you said, it is our Corps..... Maybe they have sent all the T-Rats and MRE's over to Iraq/Afghan and hit the back of one huge warehouses out in Barstow and decided WTF, give it to the boots.... Seems like a good example of Corps common sense!!!! HAHAHAHAHA

Thread Information