What happens if I'm dropped from the pool?
Create Post

What happens if I'm dropped from the pool?

I'm having a big last minute snafu with some medical paperwork. MEPS needs a full detailed report and I can't get it to them cuz the doc is leaving on vacation. My recruiter told me if I don't get the paperwork I won't be rescheduled again. So what does that mean? I assume I would be dropped from the pool...and then what? Would I be allowed to re-enlist all over again, would I have to just wait a while, or would I not be allowed to re-enlist again at all with the Marines?

As long as you get all your paperwork in order, I'm sure they'll let you start the process all over again. It would be a monster pain in the ass though.

Yea it would be a huge pain. At least I'd have the opportunity to start over hopefully... If that happens I'll pester a local recruiter. Current one is a full hour drive away and and hour and a half plus to their main area office.

Whatever it takes for you to attain what you want.

Shouldn't matter if your doc is on vacation as the records are in the office...which should still be open.

The receptionist said no one would be in the office tomorrow when I asked for hours tomorrow unfortunately.

Rescheduled again??? What prior issues were you having?

paperwork issues... duh! haha

I'd complain as those records are yours.

I'd suggest next time you start this process that you have a complete copy of your medical records on hand incase something like this happens again.

PPPPPPP (proper prior planning prevents **** poor performance)

yut, and good luck poolee.

I was supposed to ship out back in May but I was sick and told the MEPS doc as much including that I saw a doc beforehand. I was held back and rescheduled for this July. Anyways assuming I can do this all over again I will and I will keep in mind having my docs ready.

Since I haven't had a call back from the doc and he goes on vacation tomorrow I have a sinking feeling I very well might be screwed. I've got another day so there's still a chance but we'll see. Thank you for the advice Marines. This poolee appreciates it.

call him at home! wake him up and say "listen up I need my sh!t!!"

I couldn't get a phone number to contact him from the receptionist...but I left a message for him as the office was closing because he was with a patient and couldn't answer the phone. If I could I would be calling him plenty.

look him up in the phone book... I'm sure he's got the suffix Dr. if he's listed.

keep trying.

Google it!!! There are ways to find him.

If he's affiliated with a hospital see if they can page him... 30 or 40 times.

Thread Information