Question about a "lawful" order. - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Do you guys do the zero fade still too, or do you just bic it?

Quote Originally Posted by killbodies3027 View Post

i've bic'd mine in the past....but for the most part i just take clippers to it..an do it myself.....i shaved my head when i went to korea and OMG!!!!!! it got burnt....i had damn blisters on the top of my grape....

I use two sets of clippers. One for the actual haircut. Same as reg's. And the other set cuts really close. I use it around the edges so it looks like a razor was used.

I see. I own a set of clippers but the ones I have don't give you that zero buzz. What kind of clippers do you have that cut your hair so short?

are you ****ting me? I understand that they can't tell one group of individuals to have a certain hair cut while the other doesn't... especially if the word used to describe the group was "boots" as there is no definition other than anyone with less time than me...

so on those grounds you are safe, but all it takes is a redefinition of who gets the high&tights and if you're ok with being the reason why everyone needs to get one... well good on ya, hope you don't bleed too easily.

as for the order, a MCO is generalized so in no uncertain terms it can be considered minimum standards, if the units want to tighten up those orders we are free to do so unless the commandant is on deck and then the MCOs supersede ours. I'm confused though why Killbodies seems to think it's ok to relax regulations by requiring a hair cut once every two weeks.

I don't care if you mean to say that you checked every two weeks, to a junior Marine that means you gave them the ability to do that. You as a Cpl are not competant authority from the way you act on here killbodies...

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    as for the order, a MCO is generalized so in no uncertain terms it can be considered minimum standards, if the units want to tighten up those orders we are free to do so unless the commandant is on deck and then the MCOs supersede ours.
    So you are saying that a MCO doesn't set the minimal standard?

As I read your post, you are telling me that a MCO isn't worth the paper it is printed on. So I could actually do less than the order and still be good-to-go.

I see. I own a set of clippers but the ones I have don't give you that zero buzz. What kind of clippers do you have that cut your hair so short?
    Sometimes you can adjust the bottom blade on your clippers and make the cutting edges closer to even on the tips. Not all clippers will work that way. I also bought one of those beard trimmer clippers. Can't remember what kind they are but they cut really close.

Also, once you have your fade, turn your clippers over and point the cutting "tips" of the blade towards your grape like you are gonna try to cut yourself with them. That helps also with getting the sides and back a little closer if you wear a high reg or high-n-tight.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    Sometimes you can adjust the bottom blade on your clippers and make the cutting edges closer to even on the tips. Not all clippers will work that way. I also bought one of those beard trimmer clippers. Can't remember what kind they are but they cut really close.

Also, once you have your fade, turn your clippers over and point the cutting "tips" of the blade towards your grape like you are gonna try to cut yourself with them. That helps also with getting the sides and back a little closer if you wear a high reg or high-n-tight.
    I think they call that feathering. Helps get everything nice and even so the hair that's left doesn't form a ridge and you don't look like a Franciscan monk.

I straight razor the line up though, keeps the line looking very sharp and crisp and keeps stubble away longer. If anyone's in the market for one google "feather razor" those are the straight razor handles that accept razor blades. Far easier than stropping and honing your own straight razor.

So you are saying that a MCO doesn't set the minimal standard?

As I read your post, you are telling me that a MCO isn't worth the paper it is printed on. So I could actually do less than the order and still be good-to-go.

I should proof read my posts....

thanks for the correction gunny.

Quote Originally Posted by BigAlHolmes165 View Post
    You aren't turning achped on us are you?

Some of your previous posts may suggest so.

BTW, has it ever dawned on you that someone one in your chain of command is on this forum?
    First. I'll never be an Achped. i can understand where he is coming from but he and I are experiencing similar things but I'm living in another part of the Marine Corps. Yeah the Marine Corps is not what I thought it was. I would be really happy If I joined the Army but the my recruiters help me loose the weight and for that I'm thankful. I'm a Marine no doubt and I have a reputation to uphold. I can't spend my whole time dwelling on stupid ****.

Four more months left and no longer am I a boot. Of course I haven't had a good pros and cons. I've ****ed people off, and it's over. I'm not a perfect person. I got a lot of senior guys hating me because I don't play thier stupid games. I still show them that I know my knowledge and I out PT my peers everyday of the week. But I'm a professional, I know my job and I do it well.

If someone in my chain of command was on this forum they would have said something to me by now. There is a lot of **** I could have posted that is absolute stupid on what "senior" LCpl's do to boots.

I should proof read my posts....

thanks for the correction gunny.

Just trying to clarify what you were saying before I opened my mouth and inserted foot. Don't like making statements without enough info to back me up.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    First. I'll never be an Achped. i can understand where he is coming from but he and I are experiencing similar things but I'm living in another part of the Marine Corps. Yeah the Marine Corps is not what I thought it was. I would be really happy If I joined the Army but the my recruiters help me loose the weight and for that I'm thankful. I'm a Marine no doubt and I have a reputation to uphold. I can't spend my whole time dwelling on stupid ****.

Four more months left and no longer am I a boot. Of course I haven't had a good pros and cons. I've ****ed people off, and it's over. I'm not a perfect person. I got a lot of senior guys hating me because I don't play thier stupid games. I still show them that I know my knowledge and I out PT my peers everyday of the week. But I'm a professional, I know my job and I do it well.

If someone in my chain of command was on this forum they would have said something to me by now. There is a lot of **** I could have posted that is absolute stupid on what "senior" LCpl's do to boots.

There are games played at all levels killer.

Sometimes we just have to play so we don't have to pay.

There are games played at all levels killer.

Sometimes we just have to play so we don't have to pay.
    Wise words as usual Gunny. I can see the impact of others for the decisions I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    I can see the impact of others for the decisions I choose.
    Very true words "oh young one".

You may be a junior Marine, but someone is always looking up to you and they will want to be just like you one day. Set a good example yourself, and you will set the Corps up for another good Marine that will follow in your footsteps.

are you ****ting me? I understand that they can't tell one group of individuals to have a certain hair cut while the other doesn't... especially if the word used to describe the group was "boots" as there is no definition other than anyone with less time than me...

so on those grounds you are safe, but all it takes is a redefinition of who gets the high&tights and if you're ok with being the reason why everyone needs to get one... well good on ya, hope you don't bleed too easily.

as for the order, a MCO is generalized so in no uncertain terms it can be considered minimum standards, if the units want to tighten up those orders we are free to do so unless the commandant is on deck and then the MCOs supersede ours. I'm confused though why Killbodies seems to think it's ok to relax regulations by requiring a hair cut once every two weeks.

I don't care if you mean to say that you checked every two weeks, to a junior Marine that means you gave them the ability to do that. You as a Cpl are not competant authority from the way you act on here killbodies...

Thread Information