Question about a "lawful" order.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question about a "lawful" order.

Of course I'm an 03 and one of the tradition is that boots have to only a high & tight or high reg until you hit deployment you can get Medium or Low regs.

Now I've been on deployment for 4 months now and all of sudden my SQDL says that boots can only get High regs from now on. Well before this I had low regs and medium regs all the time.

Now I know it's hazing to tell a Marine to get a certain type of haircut, so on sunday I get a Medium reg and he somehow wants to chew me out and try to charge me. Is there grounds that he is right? There is no MCO on boots only getting high regs.

Just tell him if he wants to charge you to be sure to push for a court martial. Maybe then he will figure out that he can't make Marines wear their hair the way he wants them to and they can wear it the way they want as long as it is within reg's.

If it's in reg, he can't do anything to you so don't sweat it. You should just go to your platoon Sergeant and tell him exactly what you told us.

Truth be told, I was rockin a low reg in SOI man, so I feel your pain. Once I hit the fleet I was being jumped left and right about my haircut. All I replied with was "It's within regulations (rank of person)." Then they knew they couldn't do anything so they just left me alone.

Gunny is 100% right, not to mention how dumb that "order" is. He would have a better chance if he wanted the whole squad to have a high reg., it would still be pushing it though.

On a side note, when I was squad leader and a new set of boots came in I just told them to make sure they had a haircut every two weeks. As long as it's a regulation haircut I couldn't care less, I had more important stuff to worry about. That's the way it should be anyways.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    Of course I'm an 03 and one of the tradition is that boots have to only a high & tight or high reg until you hit deployment you can get Medium or Low regs.

Now I've been on deployment for 4 months now and all of sudden my SQDL says that boots can only get High regs from now on. Well before this I had low regs and medium regs all the time.

Now I know it's hazing to tell a Marine to get a certain type of haircut, so on sunday I get a Medium reg and he somehow wants to chew me out and try to charge me. Is there grounds that he is right? There is no MCO on boots only getting high regs.
    You aren't turning achped on us are you?

Some of your previous posts may suggest so.

BTW, has it ever dawned on you that someone one in your chain of command is on this forum?

Regs are Regs...

If you're within the regulation for grooming standards then your good... I don't think most would be within regs after two weeks.. 0-4 is still the reg, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneRJ View Post
    Not trying to bust your nads on this...... but since when has this been a tradition? I retired just over a yr ago and I was a grunt for over 20 yrs. Never heard of that tradition.

I just told them to make sure they had a haircut every two weeks. A

every 2 weeks!!!!!.....we had to have our hair cuts every week....first sgts orders....so i cut mine every sunday

Quote Originally Posted by SGT-JOHN-ADDY View Post
    I just told them to make sure they had a haircut every two weeks. A

every 2 weeks!!!!!.....we had to have our hair cuts every week....first sgts orders....so i cut mine every sunday

I used to cut mine every sunday night too. Always wanted that fresh haircut on Monday morning so when I mentioned haircuts (in general) to the platoon or Company, I wasn't talking about myself needing one too. Saved a lot of money that way also.

Quote Originally Posted by KawiGunny View Post
    I used to cut mine every sunday night too. Always wanted that fresh haircut on Monday morning so when I mentioned haircuts (in general) to the platoon or Company, I wasn't talking about myself needing one too. Saved a lot of money that way also.

i heard that....i still cut my hair every sunday....even after being out almost 3 years....still the same ole horse shoe...lol...

S*@t...

Young Marines today can barely afford a haircut every week, with their cell phone bills and car notes... LOL... Same, same though... Since I was a CPL, every Monday show up with a fresh cut... It's professional...

Quote Originally Posted by SGT-JOHN-ADDY View Post
    i heard that....i still cut my hair every sunday....even after being out almost 3 years....still the same ole horse shoe...lol...

I try to go every two weeks but sometimes it just starts to itch. I still wear a high reg though.

Quote Originally Posted by GyC View Post
    Young Marines today can barely afford a haircut every week, with their cell phone bills and car notes... LOL... Same, same though... Since I was a CPL, every Monday show up with a fresh cut... It's professional...

I definitely agree with that.

I try to go every two weeks but sometimes it just starts to itch. I still wear a high reg though.
    yes i know what you mean by it itches.....the longest i have let me hair go is 2 wks...because of the same thing.....but for the most part it is every sunday still....still got to look good for work...now if i could go to work in my blues...lmao....

Thread Information