Just a little ranting.
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Just a little ranting.

I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but I'm getting a little impatient. I have been in the DEP since Feb. 5th and was told my ship date would be June 1st. In the middle of May I found out that my date was pushed back to Oct. 5th. Now in July I find out that I'm not leaving until Dec. 28! I just want to be a Marine already!

Your not alone its happening to everyone. Just look at it as more time to train so you can kick ass in Boot Camp!!!

Marine Friend Free Member Cressler's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    haha just think you wont be running in as hot as tempatures haha though i understand i dont ship till next year and i wish i could ship today

Know the feeling - I'm trying to get a confirmed 08xx job, but I can't until some list of jobs comes in (from what my recruiter tells me).. and that's not even till August/September.

As of right now though, I don't leave till April.

Remember the Corps needs always come first... Better get that in your head quick from what I've heard because things won't always go how you would like..

That being said the time will go quick, too quick haha..

I entered the DEP last august thinking that July 13th(ship date) would never come.. but low and behold here I am a week away.

Credits
    Savings
    yeah it comes august i'm waiting for him to confirm 63xx for me

Quote Originally Posted by yoitsfrank View Post
    I don't know if this is the proper place to post this but I'm getting a little impatient. I have been in the DEP since Feb. 5th and was told my ship date would be June 1st. In the middle of May I found out that my date was pushed back to Oct. 5th. Now in July I find out that I'm not leaving until Dec. 28! I just want to be a Marine already!
    That is so much BS. If you get a date, it shouldn't be pushed back.

Credits
    Savings
    yeah really i mean i unerstand you go with what they need but that is just bad scheduling lol

Wow, I feel sorry for your situation, the time will probably fly for you though, I got sworn in back in March and I've got 2 months til I leave. Hopefully they won't push my date back too.

I've had a rather rough time shipping as well. It has nothing to do with you, and is probably out of your recruiter's hands as well. Contracts under DEP are only allowed 12 months. If you are in DEP for 12 months and 1 day, they discharge you without a second thought. With that being said, if the slots at either MCRD are filling up, and there are lots of Poolees approaching their 12 month limit, they will push people back in order to free space up for them to ship. Now I can't say for sure, but this could be the reason why I am unable to ship at this time, and the same reason why so many other Poolees are being delayed--to accomodate those who will bust their time limit. As far as being able to ship with your desired MOS, they have to have open slots for you not at boot camp, but at your MOS School afterwards. This is probably another reason why your date has been pushed back. One last reason your date could be pushed back, though highly unlikely, is because another Poolee in your area needed to ship worse than you. These Poolees are placed at the top of the standby list in case someone cannot ship at their scheduled time. If someone were to get sick or hurt days before their ship date, they would call the first guy on the standby list. That guy that needed to go so bad could have been in unusual circumstances, such as his wife is pregnant, he isn't getting enough hours at work, and he is about to be kicked out of his home because he can't pay the bills...this is not uncommon, but not regular either. I do not know if they would move another Poolee's date to help that guy without consulting the Poolee first, but I would not be terribly surprised. With all this being said, is there anyone that is supposed to ship under any of these fields:
    02XX
    05XX
    26XX
    that would be willing to switch dates with me?
    My original ship date is 16 Nov 09, and I am trying to get on the road as soon as possible.

If interested please PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner614 View Post
    That is so much BS. If you get a date, it shouldn't be pushed back.
    ill tell you what it is, its all the guys that are fvcking going in the reserves. They had to leave in may and june so they could be done in time for fall classes. So that means that most of the kids that are going into active duty and were supposed to leave in may and june. So consequently it is pushing everyone ship date back. But supposedly once your date gets moved back once they won't move it again

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    I hope I ship on time as well... I want to be home for Thanksgiving. Hardly 8 weeks left for me and I am getting more and more excited as the date nears. Man, I am going to get my **** wrecked in boot camp.

Search these boards or think about the wannabe's who have been rejected, medically or criminally from even having a SHIP DATE for a CHANCE at the Title. If this is what you want, just be glad you're qualified to even come in the DEP and PT/Run with Marines and other brave and honorable young men and women.

Remember why you're here. "Hurry up.. and WAIT!" - "Semper Gumby"... Always Flexible. Two big parts of the Corps according to Marines at my RS. Just part of it. Now go slay yourself with some PT and get MOTO. GET SOME, BROTHER!

I entered DEP last September, and my ship date is not until this August. I thought it would take forever but it does fly by. Just have fun with your friends and family, work your ass off, and stay out of trouble and it will be here before you know it.

I enlisted 20090602 and I got to boot on 20100621, im lucky because I cant get pushed back more then a week or two.

Thread Information