Don't Tear Me Down!!
Create Post

Don't Tear Me Down!!

Everyone, you need to see this and sign the petition! send it to everyone you know that will sign it (electronically)

stupid ACLU....

http://donttearmedown.com/

Disgusting.

Forwarded...

Signed!

Roger that!

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    Everyone, you need to see this and sign the petition! send it to everyone you know that will sign it (electronically)

stupid ACLU....

WILCO

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post

stupid ACLU....

No, not stupid. Very smart on their part. They sue under a particular federal law that, if they prevail, requires the losing party to pay ALL of the ACLUs legal fees and expenses (plus any damages that might be awarded). ACLU legal bills are not cheap - they charge as much as the judge will let them get away with. Seeing that even a mediocre lawyer bills somewhere around $150 plus per hour...

Most of the ACLU legal work is done by staff lawyers paid a salary (plus a bonus if they win), volunteer lawyers working pro bono, and by law students working as volunteer interns and clerks. Their actual hourly expenses are far below what they bill, but they get to bill just like a regular legal firm who has to pay everybody can. Lots. It's a racket.

The ACLU almost took a total financial sh*t when they lost their case with the Boy Scouts of America over no homosexual leaders and a belief in God policy (actually a belief in a higher being - God, Allah, Budda, etc).

They really did have some large money tied up in that case as it had gone up to the Supremes, and the ACLU figured to make it up and bankrupt the BSA at the same time. Happened in reverse. ACLU had to pay BSA expenses. Yuk, yuk. BIG money, daddy. And the BSA had a bunch of lawyers also working pro bono (I know one who did). Gee, it seems that the BSA billed just like the ACLU does.

The ACLU came very close to bankruptcy themselves over that one. Of course Hollywood liberals and all the rest came to their rescue with donations, etc.

This law is one reason why many organizations and governments quickly reach a settlement on Creche displays and such. It's a business decision to keep the amount of money they will have to pay the ACLU to a minimum. BSA really had brass balls to drag that one out and I'm proud to be a member.

so you didn't sign this petition?

Signed and forwarded to every one of my contacts, SSgt.

Geez, I wanna know once when the ACLU did something productive...

I believe that when I went to school the golden rule of the Bill of Rights is that your rights extend as far as another person's. And the ACLU does a great job of using their 1st Right to stomp all over everyone else's. Am I the only one seeing something logically and very morally wrong?

Forwarded out to all my friends and family.

Credits
    Savings
    I've got no use for the ACLU and I hope the Supreme Court throws this thing out but I've never heard of this Liberty Legal Institute, I don't know who they are or what they are involved in besides this issue. I won't put my name on the same line with any organization that I don't know very well.

Thread Information