Okay, so this is more of a vent post, but I'd also like to here if anyone else has had any problems like this before from the VA.

Also, good to be back around on the boards, I had abandoned my brothers for some time, sorry.

Okay, so I was discharged from the Corps in September 2007 for a "Left distal humerus lateral condyle fracture with radial head dislocation"...Basically, I broke my wrist and elbow in a fall, and had pins placed in my wrist for six weeks, and open surgery on my elbow, where I now have three screws placed in there for the rest of my mortal days.

After about half a year of agressive therapy, the doc submitted me for a PEB. They decided to discharge me, based on the fact that my injury prevented deployment and also barred me from passing the pull-up portion of the PFT. I was given a 10% disability rating from the get-go, and also received a severance pay of around $2900.

So, in November 2007, I headed to the VA, and submitted my claim through the Disabled American Veterans organization. About half a year later, they came back and bumped my rating up to 30%. Now, at this point they were withholding the monthly entitlement to recoup the money from my disability severance pay, which was perfectly fine with me as I knew it was going to happen.

So, late last year (around Christmas), I went to the DAV as it had been some time since I had heard from the VA, so I wanted to check up on what was going on. So, I headed in, and since their computer system was being choppy, the Representative told me he would look up my stuff and get back to me. I few days later, he sent me a letter, and the VA said they were withholding my entitlement because they were recouping my severance pay of $43,000!

Wow...So, I head to the DAV with my DD214 and the supplement to it, as well as my LES. So they see that something is terribly wrong, and resubmit the paperwork and submit an audit to find out what the hell went wrong.

Needless to say, I still haven't found out what went wrong, but they have corrected the mistake. Unfortunately for them, my severance pay was paid out on June of 2008...Which now means, not only will I be getting the $376 a month, I will now also receive back pay of some $4600.

So, just curious, anyone else been joshed around a bit by a mistake someone has made in the VA?