a quick question
Create Post

a quick question

My husband left to boot camp 5 days ago. And before he left they gave him his address at Parris Island, and he gave it to me.
    I know he wont be able to write me for another 2-3 weeks.
    But if i go ahead and send my letters now, will he get them?
    Will they hold them until he can get letters?
    Or will they throw them away?

Yes he will.

Letters from home are the most valuable thing to a Marine recruit. Write soon and write often.

He'll be able to write sooner than that as well. I was writing home within the first week.

Semper Fi.

It's a Federal offense to destroy mail if it isn't yours. He will definitely get that mail, but there's no certain time that he'll get them. Sometimes we got mail call every other day, and there was a couple weeks before we got mail. Send as much as you can, he'll appreciate it.

The Marine Corps does not throw mail away.

Credits
    Savings

Letters...

Send as many as you can and as often as you can....a happy boot is a motivated boot

Semper Fi Ma'am

send them....He will be very happy to get em the first day of mail call. The more the better

He will get mail as soon as his platoon picks up from receiving (a matter of a few days). Yes all of your letters will get to him. Again he will be able to write to you in a matter of a few days. It won't be any 2-3 weeks, I promise (of course you have to consider the inefficiency of the USPS). More like a week. He should have called you by now. I think they are allowed a phone call to a loved one to inform their families that they arrived safely at recruit training shortly after they get there. Write every day if you can, believe me that's all a recruit really has to look forward to.

Red face

yaris19, it's awesome that you got your husband's address before he left. I had to wait a week to be able to call my son's recruiter for his address. I figured it was to ensure he didn't get held up at in-processing.

I concur, that it is imperative that you WRITE, WRITE and WRITE often. I remember being in Army basic and rarely getting a letter from my now ex-husband. It truly sucked. I started a letter to my son the day that he left and by the time I got his address, it was 10-1/4 pages long. I write to him every day, sometimes more that one mailing a day. I even sent him daily notes and postcards while I was in Canada last week. One of his friends messaged me to let me know that he wrote in her letter that my letters lift his spirits. SNIFF!

When you write, exclude negative thoughts; write as if you were simply chatting about your day. If all you have time for is a quick, I'm thinking about and love you, write and send it. He's worth the .44¢, right?

Best of luck to your husband and I hope you get through the separation a much stronger couple.

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by yaris19 View Post
    My husband left to boot camp 5 days ago. And before he left they gave him his address at Parris Island, and he gave it to me.
    I know he wont be able to write me for another 2-3 weeks.
    But if i go ahead and send my letters now, will he get them?
    Will they hold them until he can get letters?
    Or will they throw them away?
    Send letters often.
    Even during Field Week we had a mail call half-way through.
    We did not during the Crucible however.

Mail kept me motivated. I received mail from Marines and Poolees on this site, from my wife and mom. All was motivation to keep on moving. I had a stay in MRP for 6 weeks due to an injury. I was very demotivated at first when I got dropped to it, but after some moto mail, I got my desire back and finally finished.

Be sure to write him good things and nothing negative as the added stress won't be needed.

Thread Information