Done with MCT
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Done with MCT

Done with MCT

Just popping in here at the USO in Los Angeles before heading to 29 Palms sometime tonight. Graduated MCT today of course. Was assigned the job of 0621 Field Radio Operator. Looking forward to school but am really tired right now. Plus, the time zone difference isn't helping much. Oh, at baggage claim ran into Pamela Anderson. Got to say hi to her and such. Was really cool. lol Will keep in touch once Im settled in at 29 Stumps.

Congrats!!

How was MCT? Do you guys still get to shoot the .50 cals, Mk-19s, SAWs, M240Gs, and all that cool stuff? I heard they took that out.

Congrats on becoming a battery-operated grunt! Did you Pam's number or hepatitis?

ITB gets to shoot the .50 Cals, and MK-19s. I got to throw a live hand grenade, shoot my m16-A4 over and over and over again, shoot smoke grenades from the m203, shoot 9mm tracer rounds from the AT-4, and shoot the M240B and M249.

All in all it was fun. I was worried about this "dry heat" here in 29 Stumps, however it turned out not to be that bad after all. I prefer dry heat over the humidity I had to suffer through at MCT.

Tuesday we get dropped to BMAT, and I hope I pick up with a class soon. Rumors say 1 month backup, others say I'll pick right up. Keeping my fingers crossed. Had some fun playing pool at the Enlisted Club and drinking the other night.

Today, being the 4th, they say we have concerts down at Victory Field we can go to, beer for sale, etc. Should be a good day all in all. I had one 4 hour firewatch shift yesterday, so I'm glad I get the rest of my 96 to myself.

Will keep in touch.

Lucky punks these days. We only mussed with 240s... I wanted to give the 249 a try so bad. AND M16A4s! I had to play with an old A2 that made me miss my Boot Rifle

I got to put two belts through a 240 though, they had extra... sometimes its good to be last

Congratulations and try and make what fun you can out at 29 Palms

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Congrats!!

How was MCT? Do you guys still get to shoot the .50 cals, Mk-19s, SAWs, M240Gs, and all that cool stuff? I heard they took that out.
    When the hell they take that out?
    My favorite was the MK19 and .50 Cal. The M203 was gay...

I hated LAX everytime i was there. Only time i liked it was when i returned back to the states from oki.

Have fun in The Stumps...My best friend I joined up with is an 0331 stationed there...And he just calls it "Hell". He is now an alcoholic.

Enjoy!

FROC is cool, hope you enjoy Bravo company.

Quote Originally Posted by dizark View Post
    Tuesday we get dropped to BMAT, and I hope I pick up with a class soon. Rumors say 1 month backup, others say I'll pick right up. Keeping my fingers crossed.

As a 0621 you should pick up rather fast, classes pick up every 2 weeks for them. I'm at 29 Palms right now as well, I'm in class for 0651 which took me 3 months to finally get picked up. Try to stay out of trouble, I've seen quite a few NJPs happen since I got here.

Nice to know that someone out here at 29 Palms is on these forums too. Yes, I'm hoping to pick up rather quick but only time will tell. I can see why your friend became an alcoholic as there isn't that much to do except go to the Enlisted Club and drink, to the bowling alley and drink, etc. Of course, I currently don't have off base libo, but I've been told to stay away from Yucca Valley.

Last nights 4th of July event wasn't that great, so didn't stay there long. Ended up at the Zone playing pool for most of the night. Being in SRC currently isn't too bad except having to form up at 2145 each night for our 2200 curfew. I heard going to BMAT, we don't do that anymore, which is decent.

TRosa, I'm currently in building 1661, which are you in?

I'm in building 1661 too actually. You'll only be in SRC for a week you should get dropped to BMAT on Monday I believe it is, but with the 96 you might be in SRC untill Tuesday or Wednesday. Town isn't to fun to be honest so your on base libo doesn't matter to much. All there is are bars and asian massage parlors where you have the possibility of a "happy ending" (just think of all the others that have been there before you, very possibly to get something). If you do go out in town though after you get 2nd phase libo (after 7 days of being here), avoid any building with rainbows on it, you can probably guess why.

I really enjoyed 29 Palms when I was there for 0621 school. It may seem bad, but you make some pretty close buddies due to the remoteness of the installation- you will see what I mean when it is time to move on. Besides, everything is within walking distance. The bowling alley, movie theater ($1 movies + free drink, can't beat that), and the PX are all close by. There's nothing exciting in Yucca Valley anyways, don't even bother paying $150 for a taxi ride there and back.

One other hint of advice, don't eat at the pizza place the night before a PT run... that's one of those mistakes you don't make twice. Hope you enjoy 29 Stumps as much as I did.

Yes, due to the 96, we drop to BMAT on Tuesday we were told. How are the working parties while in BMAT? What do you do on a typical working party here at the Stumps?

Oh and being a married guy, I won't need any happy endings. Plus, you'd never find me in one of them parlors anyways. Rainbows = bad. That's common sense right? :P

The working parties are a huge variety of things you can be doing. I've been on some where I did nothing but sit in the movie theatre, I've had others where I was out in MOUT town carrying racks, wall lockers, dressers, and nightstands up into the buildings..it really just depends on what's needed. My advice is if they ask for 10, jump up. You do not want to be on the 20+ ones they are usually mojave viper or MOUT town and those arent so fun.

Thread Information