I met Joeinville last night. - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    Yes Sgt, I've heard of it, though I don't know the specifics of it and don't know when it takes effect, I was stating what I know from my experience thus far, I'm not saying it God's word.
    So your just going to tell him he doesn't get anything and leave it at that? At least throw a disclaimer in there saying you're not 100% sure of what you're saying. The VA will start paying out benefits on 1 August 2009. (I will start college 31 August 2009).

This is seriously good reading and I encourage everyone to read up on as much information about this as possible.

http://www.gibill.va.gov/documents/P...d_Payments.pdf

http://www.gibill.va.gov/documents/P...neral_Info.pdf

There is some info for you to read up on. It's a great plan unless you come from one of those states that pays for your college already. Then you would stick with the MGIB and get paid anyway.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    PLEASE...if any of you can access Joeinville's profile....let me know...I can't find it!!

Doc, I posted a link to it on the last page. If you can't access it in via that link then look in Achped's profile and look at his friends.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    THANKS...NUMBNUTS!!!! Why wouldn't "our" search pick up his Profile??? HE HAS MY 100% SUPPORT...NO MATTER WHAT!!!!....so do you!!!

I have your support until you read what I typed in the other thread.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGreek View Post
    PLEASE...if any of you can access Joeinville's profile....let me know...I can't find it!!
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=50465

Quote Originally Posted by ArtyOps View Post
    So your just going to tell him he doesn't get anything and leave it at that? At least throw a disclaimer in there saying you're not 100% sure of what you're saying.
    I didn't tell him anything, I was just throwing out some information I had learned about the CURRENT GI Bill, not the post 9/11 GI Bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete0331 View Post
    No offense SSgt, but I hate that saying.

A *****ing Marine is *****ing because someone taught him that it was ok to do so.
    It is incredibly unprofessional in any form.
    It also can lead a Marine to believe that he is unable to take charge of a situation and change the outcome.
    I'm actually not as stupid as most Marines are. I didn't get "taught" to *****, I picked it up on my own. You know, growing up, going to school, having a few jobs doesn't really teach you to wake up at 5:30am to pick up leaves on a Sunday and be happy about it...even mother****ing extra duty Marines have Sundays off. What the ****?

Oh, SSgt, no I never once said my recruiter lied to me. She did once though, she told me the weather at Parris Island from June July and August was "Beautiful". (Her words)

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Achped View Post
    I'm actually not as stupid as most Marines are. I didn't get "taught" to *****, I picked it up on my own. You know, growing up, going to school, having a few jobs doesn't really teach you to wake up at 5:30am to pick up leaves on a Sunday and be happy about it...even mother****ing extra duty Marines have Sundays off. What the ****?

Oh, SSgt, no I never once said my recruiter lied to me. She did once though, she told me the weather at Parris Island from June July and August was "Beautiful". (Her words)

LOL
    Son, you should have served when Jimmy Carter was the boss. It was "The Suck" big time.

But, wouldn't trade a minute of it for anything else.

Thread Information