Pres. Security
Create Post

Thread: Pres. Security

Pres. Security

Hi, I know this thread is a repeat but I didnt know poolees couldn't answer questions in the "ask a Marine" section. Have any poolees signed for this?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but dont you have to be chosen for this with an 03xx contract, like the silent drill team?

thats what im confused about, im putting this down as my MOS. my recruiter doesnt know much about it, but he let me talk to one guy in the phone who also signed it and he told me this.....
    When you get in the fleet you are assaigned to guarding the Marine barracks in Washington (8th and I) and as you work your way up in rank you get promoted to guarding the Commandants house, then eventually the white house. You work 2 week intervals, one week with 12 hour shifts and the next with 6 hour shifts.
    Anyone ever heard of this?

I believe Presidential Security falls under the Security Forces MOS, where you spend 2 years in the Security Forces and then 3 as an 03XX. For Security Forces, it seems that you can do several things within that MOS, like Presidential Security, FAST, guarding Camp David, et cetera.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DGardner View Post
    A search of "Presidential Security" took me about 5 seconds and look what I came up with
    Nicely Done!

Thread Information