My boy is leaving - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think I have sent you a friends request. I've never done it before but I hope it worked. What branch of the service did you serve in?

It looks like I have a notification, might be that friend request.

I served in the Army National Guard for six years and the Navy Reserve for four years. I miss it and am considering going back in. Why not? I don't have anymore kids left at home; might as well do something with my free time.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Just think, if a female (such as myslef) can do it, then your son can most definately do it too!! And keep those letters flowing. Receiving letters always helped me along the way.

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    Just think, if a female (such as myslef) can do it, then your son can most definately do it too!! And keep those letters flowing. Receiving letters always helped me along the way.
    Thank you! I have no doubt that my son will make it. He was raised to never give up; a product of being the kid of a military mom and having a military family.

Letters? Of course, I already started one. I will write in it everyday until I have a mailing address and send it to him.

Thank you for your service. I wish you a successful career.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
    I have a question! What are the chances of getting anymore phone calls from my son? Do the DI's use calls as a reward?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by LivTooley View Post
    I have a question! What are the chances of getting anymore phone calls from my son? Do the DI's use calls as a reward?

Thank you!
    Not in my experiences. We had an initial call when we arrived to let our families know we were okay, then I got to make one more phone call sometime near the middle to end of boot camp.

Thank you or answering the question. I didn't figure I would get anymore calls; just hoping. I will keep my phone with me at all times, just in case. Gotta have a dream. I look forward to getting letters from him, so I know he is still okay.

Thank you or answering the question. I didn't figure I would get anymore calls; just hoping. I will keep my phone with me at all times, just in case. Gotta have a dream. I look forward to getting letters from him, so I know he is still okay.
    If i remember right, the second call I made was almost a half hour long. It was great. I can't remember for the life of me when we got to make that call, though, but I know it was towards the middle to end of boot camp. Letters were the means of communication, and they were definitely a morale booster. Write as often as possible, you can't write too much! He might not be able to write back all the time, but your letters to him will keep him strong.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    If i remember right, the second call I made was almost a half hour long. It was great. I can't remember for the life of me when we got to make that call, though, but I know it was towards the middle to end of boot camp. Letters were the means of communication, and they were definitely a morale booster. Write as often as possible, you can't write too much! He might not be able to write back all the time, but your letters to him will keep him strong.
    Half an hour? Wow! I hope we get that lucky! I will definitely write him lots. I remember how important letters from home were to me. He has lots of friends at home waiting for his address, so he will be bombarded with letters.

Half an hour? Wow! I hope we get that lucky! I will definitely write him lots. I remember how important letters from home were to me. He has lots of friends at home waiting for his address, so he will be bombarded with letters.
    Don't quote me on that as I think schedules have changed a bit since I went through, but I think it was It might have actually been between 15-20 minutes, but it was a good amount of time, considering.

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Don't quote me on that as I think schedules have changed a bit since I went through, but I think it was It might have actually been between 15-20 minutes, but it was a good amount of time, considering.
    I won't quote you. But 15-20 minutes is better than the 30 second scripted call. Yes, it was 30 seconds total, according to my phone. Five minutes would be better than that.

I already have four letters to send to my son. My entire family will be writting to him so he will have lots of mail. I'm also sending him jokes and things that he can share with the others.

We went to a going away party for his recruiter last night and all of the recruiters talked about how well my son will do. They think he has the potential to go very far. They had some concerns about some of the other kids who left this week but not my son. His recruiter is going to California so he may be able to see my son while in boot camp. I told him he better take pictures and send them to me!!! I was joking though, I'm sure he won't be able to do that. It would be nice though if he can see my son and let me know how he's doing.

I have the matrix and a lot of information about what the recruits will be doing each day once training starts but not a whole lot about the first week. What are they doing today? The recruiters told me that he was in medical yesterday but I didn't ask about today.

Thread Information