successfull stories of re-entry - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    What unit are you joining?

im in the process of going back active...been working on it since last october. its been hard..they said the reason y my situation was taking so long is cause im a SSgt. And the fact that I got out as a Sgt and was promoted while in the IRR. I told them I wouldnt care going back as a Sgt but they said that was not possible. I have to go back in as my current rank. Good ...but bad cause it will take more time to process a snco...

Done sir done!!!!! Im officially active duty. Just standing by for orders to MCAS Beaufort SC...Hopefully the Bengals...Or the Checkerboards....either way...I dont care. Im just glad Im back active duty.....

Congrats SSgt!!! Whats your MOS? How long have you been out?

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Congrats SSgt!!! Whats your MOS? How long have you been out?
    6217. Fixed wing Aircraft mechanic. FA18's I got off active duty Feb 2007. What a mistake that was!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by quest23 View Post
    6217. Fixed wing Aircraft mechanic. FA18's I got off active duty Feb 2007. What a mistake that was!!!!

Sweet! I was 6212, Harrier Powerline. I'd rather work on any F-18 over the maint. Hog Harrier. They miss stated "jump jet" its supposed to be "Junk Jet"...LOL Congrats again!

Sweet! I was 6212, Harrier Powerline. I'd rather work on any F-18 over the maint. Hog Harrier. They miss stated "jump jet" its supposed to be "Junk Jet"...LOL Congrats again!
    yeh...those are maint hogs...ive spent some time around those when i was at wti....Yuma...cool planes....High power turns are crazy in the hush house when the nozzles are down....

High power turns are crazy in the hush house when the nozzles are down....
    Ohh Yea!!!! Makes your bones rattle, Do you F-18 Bubbas get Low Power and High power turn quals?

I got out in 2005 and going back. Left the Corps as a SSgt and comming back as a SSgt!! I started my process in March of this year and was told Friday that I would be going on deck Tues to reenlist!!!

I have to call my monitor in two weeks and he is cutting me PCS orders to go OJT with my squadren until I get a school seat and that will allow me to get my name on the list for base housing!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS TIME THE CORPS WILL HAVE TO SAY, OK NOW YOU NEED TO RETIRE!!!!

Ohh Yea!!!! Makes your bones rattle, Do you F-18 Bubbas get Low Power and High power turn quals?

yes ....Most high powers are SNCOS...and SGTs...although ive seen a few lcpls and cpls get it too....just depends on how good they are

yes ....Most high powers are SNCOS...and SGTs...although ive seen a few lcpls and cpls get it too....just depends on how good they are
    Cool, I had low turn qual, and CDI, as a Lcpl. The other Marines were too much into NOT qualling, saying why do extra work for the same pay. ****birds!

SGT Ritter, How things going with you?

Quote Originally Posted by SSgt McCord View Post
    I got out in 2005 and going back. Left the Corps as a SSgt and comming back as a SSgt!! I started my process in March of this year and was told Friday that I would be going on deck Tues to reenlist!!!

I have to call my monitor in two weeks and he is cutting me PCS orders to go OJT with my squadren until I get a school seat and that will allow me to get my name on the list for base housing!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!

I CAN ASSURE YOU THIS TIME THE CORPS WILL HAVE TO SAY, OK NOW YOU NEED TO RETIRE!!!!
    So SSgt, you are a State Trooper? Why are you giving that up to go back active? Did you think about the Reserves or is LE that bad? Just curious.

SGT Ritter, How things going with you?
    Stuffs jacked up. Since the unit sat on getting put into the computer system I lost my school seat so now I have to wait until fy 10 to get retrained. I'm quit annoyed by it and SSgt. Gordon is also, what really aggravates me about this is my dream AR job showed up but since I haven't been retrained yet I have to wait which means it will probably get filled by someone else. How is your process going?

Thread Information