Marine Corps stickers as a poolee - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Wasn't there just a thread like a week ago that was here talking about this EXACT SAME question..??
    http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=84402

My bad, I should have searched for it, I looked through the poolee topics and I must have missed it. Thanks for the feedback though!

Or better yet, don't be like the guy in my boot camp that came in with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattooed onto his chest. I never seen someone get lit up as bad as that kid did.- Fievel My computer won't let me quote, sorry. Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by Tookie22 View Post
    Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?

You trying to be cute there with that question?

Or better yet, don't be like the guy in my boot camp that came in with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor tattooed onto his chest. I never seen someone get lit up as bad as that kid did.- Fievel My computer won't let me quote, sorry. Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?
    You got an Eagle, Globe and Anchor tatted onto your back, didn't you?

It doesn't matter if it's a memorial or not - you're ass is done!

Here are my thoughts on this - you (or your poolee brother) have not earned that Eagle, Globe and Anchor, therefore you do not rate to wear it. Nothing is given to you in the Marine Corps - you will not get your nametapes, you will not blouse your boots, you will not roll your sleeves, and you sure the hell will not wear my Marine Corps' beloved Eagle, Globe and Anchor until you have earned it. Drill Instructors will not show you sympathy for an Eagle, Globe and Anchor memorial tattoo, quite the opposite actually.

So, if you or your poolee brother have that tattoo, standby to earn it the extra hard way. You're going to be paying for it with your sweat and tears - and rightfully so.

he'll get ITed a few extra times...but seriously if he's a good recruit, who cares?

Agree with the Lt. I only caution you that people who don't know better will think that you are a Marine. Therefore, if your driving around like a raped ape and being a ass, it will portray negatively on those who have earned the title.

Remember you are representing Marines, don't fu** it up!!!

Gunz out ~

Quote Originally Posted by ST331 View Post
    Seen/heard this question a million times, still the same answer: Its your car, and its a free country. You can put whatever stickers you damn well please.

As long as you're not running around telling people that you're an official US Marine, its cool.

Ok I saw a picture of a poolee that had the Eagle Globe and Anchor tattooed across his back because his brother was KIA. If he had his tattoo redone with his brother's name and dates would that be acceptable?
    If that tattoo has his brothers name and dates on it to symbolize a memorial, there is nothing wrong with that as long as the letters are big enough to be seen as good as the rest of the tattoo.

As already mentioned, this poolie will get more than his share of exercise in boot camp. But if it was me, it would be worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by ST331 View Post
    he'll get ITed a few extra times...but seriously if he's a good recruit, who cares?
    My Drill Instructors did ... that poor kid. God rest his soul ...

Thread Information