Age limit to re-enlist? - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by harshmos0317 View Post
    i will be 40 next month. i am a former 0317 and have ben out since 1998 i was in for 10 years and would like to reenlist. hindsight is 20/20 i wish i would have never got out. is it possible for me to get back in and get back to my M.O.S.? i understand there would probably be a reduction in rank and i am willing to accept that as long as i would not have to drop below an E-5.
    That's some funny sh!t right there!

Or are you serious?

Quote Originally Posted by harshmos0317 View Post
    i will be 40 next month. i am a former 0317 and have ben out since 1998 i was in for 10 years and would like to reenlist. hindsight is 20/20 i wish i would have never got out. is it possible for me to get back in and get back to my M.O.S.? i understand there would probably be a reduction in rank and i am willing to accept that as long as i would not have to drop below an E-5.
    You should contact a PSR. Its going to be a tough process but if you really want it. Good luck. I am trying to come back in with a tattoo waiver and off contract.

Marine Friend Free Member USNAviator's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by 03Mike View Post
    That's some funny sh!t right there!

Or are you serious?
    Mike don't the Marines have new program where anyone over 38 can re-enlist and keep their former rank provided they can equal or excel their final boot PFT's?

The reserves would be the easiest choice, You only need 10 more good years for retirement. Active duty is not as easy with the looming drawdown but its starting to sound like the troop cuts won't be coming quite as fast as planned. If you want it you gotta try or you will always wonder "what if"

Contact a PSR (Prior Service Recruiter). Plan on losing rank.

Also, before you even begin this process, make SURE you can pass, with a first class (higher the better), the PFT. If you can't they won't even talk to you. The PSR will have you run one BEFORE you submit ANY paperwork.

Thread Information