Do you have to roll sleeves? - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    what are you saying while you are quoting my post?

i spent my time at 3rd maw...MCAS Miramar and they never told us we had to have sleeves down for flight line maintenance. And for the most part, only SNCO and above could wear utilities on the flight line for maintenance. Reason is the potential of FOD. Dont want a bunch of young PFCs running around with stuff in thier pockets. Only time i rolled down my sleeves out of season was for the rifle range. Gas chamber. And ground turns where i wanted extra protection from engine heat. keep in mind this is Miramar. Some bases have different rules. Its up to base commanders to have local orders that deviate from MCO. I know when I was in Miramar SNCO only could wear utilities while working on aircraft. Others had to wear the coveralls. And when I went to Yuma. We all wore utilities...

And as for the SNCO with sleeves down. Better learn real quick to not question orders from superiors. If he says put the blouse on....put the dam thing on. If he tells you to punch yourself...just do it and drink a beer on it later.So what if he is out of uniform ....or was he...he might have had the pistol range that day. You dont know so thats why you just say aye aye Staff Sgt loud and motivating and just do it. Live by the saying

Do as I say NOT as I do!! or you will have some problems with life in the Corps

Quote Originally Posted by quest23 View Post
    i spent my time at 3rd maw...MCAS Miramar and they never told us we had to have sleeves down for flight line maintenance. And for the most part, only SNCO and above could wear utilities on the flight line for maintenance. Reason is the potential of FOD. Dont want a bunch of young PFCs running around with stuff in thier pockets. Only time i rolled down my sleeves out of season was for the rifle range. Gas chamber. And ground turns where i wanted extra protection from engine heat. keep in mind this is Miramar. Some bases have different rules. Its up to base commanders to have local orders that deviate from MCO. I know when I was in Miramar SNCO only could wear utilities while working on aircraft. Others had to wear the coveralls. And when I went to Yuma. We all wore utilities...
    Ditto, never had to wear sleeves down unless it was winter, that was good because Yuma in the summer was 130 on the ramp, We wore Cammies on det if it was going (launching birds) to coming back or if it was a shorty. We all mainly wore coveralls so we wouldnt ruin our cammies by grease, oil, holes in the knees, and jet fuel, plus coveralls were way cooler(breathable). SNCO's could wear there cammies, thats usually because they are in the office most the day drinking coffee and doing paper work and its a pain to change over all the time if they needed to run erands to the PX for donuts...LOL

Thread Information