New Navy Uniforms - Page 3
Create Post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SSgt Petzold View Post
    I'd like to know why they would choose to look similar to the army when the Marines are more to the core of their existence... did you bother to ask that?
    Good question, plus I did see Corpsman wearing the Marine Marpat Cammies, and I did hear a couple other Sailors state something to the effect that once they become Corpsman they can wear the Marine Marpats.

It must be more complicated to know what the uniform of the day is with several options to wear!

Man overboard! Man overboard! Wait where is he? Blue digi and water may not work to well on a ship.

Corpsman Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    FOUR PAGES about NAVY uniforms??? WHO gives a SH!T??? Let them wear long skirts......WHO CARES?????.....NAKED DOC

Quote Originally Posted by PaidinBlood View Post
    So...why camoflauged? They need a UTILITY uniform, why the false pretense of concealment...?
    Those blue camies are replacing their janitor utilities. About 20% of the sailors here in Pensacola have the camies, but only E-4 through E-9 wear them. There is a small percent of non-rate sailors that wear them.

I've never seen ribbons or any type of device pinned on the janitor uniform. They usually have their fleet device (the thing with the ship between the two waves, not sure what it is) sewn on their uniform. That's one way you can tell they're fleet returnee's. But the non-rate fleet returnee's usually wear their ships "ballcap."

Those blue camies were going to have a fade technique, so when they go overboard, the camies turn an orange color with salt water. I know that if they kept that feature, I'd have fun with them and probably get in trouble fast for it.

The Navy works in strange ways.

well, the E4s are probably required to buy them because they have their full uniform allowance already while the junior Sailors don't get full allowance, hence are required to buy them...

this is only a guess... other than that, I don't care.

All I know is that the HM03 here is a cutie in her Charlie-looking uniform.

well.... go for it! take some pics while you're at it and send'em to us!

Hahaha, I have a fiance SSgt. But it doesn't hurt to look at the menu, right?

Sorry LCPL but 20% of the Sailors at NAS DON'T have them, those are Sailors that have just transferred from other commands as the Exchange doesn't have the full uniform for sale yet since it's not supposed to be released to the Gulf Coast commands until next year, but our CO is trying to get the new NWUs here sooner. The purpose of the new uniform is strictly utilitarian and aimed at simplicity of up-keep and maintnance. Our current Utes have to be starched and ironed to really looked squared away but ended up looking jacked up by the slightest things since they are solid colors, and had to replaced after 6 months of wear because they would start to fade, while wrinkles and small stains aren't as apparent on a cami uniform. Also the Big Navy thinks that we should wear uniforms more like the other branches to have some sort of cohesion on the surface of things.

If someone saw a Sailor in a set of Army camis it was because that Sailor is an Individual Augmentee and is filling a billet with an Army unit. The new working uniform we wear with that looks like the Service Charlies replaced our Summer Whites and Winter Working Blues and has gone over rather well with most Sailors, except the cheap-asses who didn't want to buy it, and the Summer Whites will probably not be missed by anyone lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity57 View Post
    If someone saw a Sailor in a set of Army camis it was because that Sailor is an Individual Augmentee and is filling a billet with an Army unit.
    I saw that two Saturdays ago, the Sailor was working in Supply issuing the other Sailors the new Navy Cammies. Since when did the Army have a billet supplying the Navy?...

Sorry LCPL but 20% of the Sailors at NAS DON'T have them, those are Sailors that have just transferred from other commands as the Exchange doesn't have the full uniform for sale yet since it's not supposed to be released to the Gulf Coast commands until next year, but our CO is trying to get the new NWUs here sooner. The purpose of the new uniform is strictly utilitarian and aimed at simplicity of up-keep and maintnance. Our current Utes have to be starched and ironed to really looked squared away but ended up looking jacked up by the slightest things since they are solid colors, and had to replaced after 6 months of wear because they would start to fade, while wrinkles and small stains aren't as apparent on a cami uniform. Also the Big Navy thinks that we should wear uniforms more like the other branches to have some sort of cohesion on the surface of things.

If someone saw a Sailor in a set of Army camis it was because that Sailor is an Individual Augmentee and is filling a billet with an Army unit. The new working uniform we wear with that looks like the Service Charlies replaced our Summer Whites and Winter Working Blues and has gone over rather well with most Sailors, except the cheap-asses who didn't want to buy it, and the Summer Whites will probably not be missed by anyone lol.
    you're saying the navy blue "styled" like the army is because they came from an army unit??? did you even see the pics in this thread?

Looks like they stole those utes off of a GI Joe doll. Straight up homo looking !

I don't really know much about the uniforms. There's a fleet returnee in my class that was telling me about why there are some that wear them. One thing for sure though...those hot Navy girls in the dress whites..man oh man. The bottoms are practically see-through lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapablast05 View Post
    ...those hot Navy girls in the dress whites..man oh man.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersquishy View Post
    Got my reenistment physical done this morning, I noticed the new Navy uniforms. The Navy has the new cammies, they are dark blue digitized like the Marpat cammies. I saw a lot of the sailors wearing the kaki top with dark blue pants reminded me of the service C but with dark trousers instead. But I did spot 2 other Marines in the crowd, hard to miss
    Your thoughts or opinions from fellow shipmates that wear them?

PS I did see one Sailor that had Army digi-cammies on, whats that about?

I've never been one to bash the other services, but I've gotta say, they're absolutely hideous. Saw them at Great Lakes a month ago.

Thread Information