Has any Marine ever loved Bootcamp
Create Post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Has any Marine ever loved Bootcamp

Has any Marine ever loved Bootcamp or enjoyed it so much that they didn't want to leave?

I'm not a Marine, but if I could go back & they said I had to stay my entire 4 years...I gladly would...I loved it!

When my dad was a recruiter (Stockton CA - Armpit of the world he calls it). He had a mom drop off her son and said "He's yours now" and left him and never came back. He was 18, and dropped on his head a few times. They enlisted him and he stayed in boot camp the whole time. He'd go through all phases and come graduation they'd roll him to a new platoon just starting. Rinse and repeat.

I'm not a Marine either, but my brother is and many other Marines I've talked to all say that bootcamp is fun. They never realized it at the time, but they all look back and say how they wish they could do it again.

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    Yeah like Professional Students there are Professional Boot campers that get recycled about three times then shiatcanned!

Bootcamp was fun but also sucked balls. You'll grow to love it more and appreciate it more once you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Yeah like Professional Students there are Professional Boot campers that get recycled about three times then shiatcanned!
    Exactly, you don't want to be that guy.

I knew a guy at SOI who had been going there for one and a half years.
    He legitimently kept getting hurt.
    After awhile the instructors got used to him doing their office work and they wouldn't let him graduate.

I hate it when I see it.
    Guys get trapped in the system, wasting everyones time and money.
    They aren't released because of the the amount of BS the NCO/Officer has to deal with.

I've heard boots mention that they would rather be back at SOI.
    Their priorities were messed up.

Boot Camp wasn't exacty fun, it was a learning expierence.
    SOI was fun, got to shoot a lot of rounds.

Boot camp was challenging, mind boggling, frustrating, maddening, inspiring and all sorts of things, and I truly cherish and am proud to have the experience.

But when did it ever become fun?

Credits
    Savings
    OK, don't jump my **** about the SEARCH button, but I can't find that thread about the CI in the face of the recruit.

As I understand, he is, or has been, sick.

Any ideas?

Credits
    Savings
    Damm, timed out on the edit.

I meant DI, not CI.

Here ya go Big Al, apparantly he is better. http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/sh...ht=rose+garden

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom Blooper View Post
    Hmm...what if you get recycled 3 times but want to stay and keep trying?

No go?

How could we ever kick azz and take names by staying in boot camp?

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg1990 View Post
    Hmm...what if you get recycled 3 times but want to stay and keep trying?

No go?
    My friends sister who is now a Marine and with all respect to her, was a fat body and just had a rough time emotionally during boot camp and made it through at her first swing at it. My opinion, if you are recycled 3 times you should receive a swift kick out of boot camp. All that shows is lack of motivation and I'm sure all Marines in here will agree, is a must! Medical reasons for being recycled is a different story...

I don't know about it being 'fun', but I do remember feeling sad at the thought of leaving the night before graduation. The accomplishment of a challenge, it was the best feeling in the world- I didn't want it to end. Going back to the civilian world was a real eye opener. So many people in the world who care nothing about themselves or their future- it was sad.

There were a few moments in boot camp which were actually fun, like the rappel tower for instance. Although it was the worst 3 months of my life, it was also the best and I would do it all over again in a heartbeat.

Thread Information