Has any Marine ever loved Bootcamp - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Credits
    Savings
    Although I wouldn't call boot camp fun I certainly heard some funny sh*t while there. I was always amazed that even after yelling at recruits all day the DI's could still come up with new and funny comments. Hygiene inspection usually produced some funny observations by the Drill Instructors.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Are you kidding?

I spent 3 months of my life entirely ****ed at the entire world. Glad I did it once, but would never want to do it again. I do have fond memeories of the guys I went through it with though.

I also didn't find anything fun about boot camp, but then I wasn't there to have fun. Boot camp left a life long mark on me and I wouldn't trade that expeience for anything in the world, well except for maybe a night with Hally Barrie.

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    Yep the day I graduated.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I don't think it was fun while I was at it. It did leave me with whole bunch of funny memories and comments, lol. The night before graduation when we all packed and got ready to leave, yeah it felt weird. I was glad that it was over, but it felt like I was supposed to train the next day, "Psst, scribe! What are we doing tomorrow?" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by deBeer View Post
    My friends sister who is now a Marine and with all respect to her, was a fat body and just had a rough time emotionally during boot camp and made it through at her first swing at it. My opinion, if you are recycled 3 times you should receive a swift kick out of boot camp. All that shows is lack of motivation and I'm sure all Marines in here will agree, is a must! Medical reasons for being recycled is a different story...
    Medical reasons was what I meant...

Credits
    Savings
    Images
    I hated it when a fat body that was on his second boot camp tour made PFC out of boot camp.
    Semper Fi Redman1

Quote Originally Posted by redman1 View Post
    I hated it when a fat body that was on his second boot camp tour made PFC out of boot camp.
    Semper Fi Redman1
    Jokingly speaking though, if he went through twice he'd have 6 months TIS.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerOfJustice View Post
    Jokingly speaking though, if he went through twice he'd have 6 months TIS.
    That was the point, lol. There was a LCpl out of bootcamp in an MCT platoon in my company..And it wasn't for being awesome either.

Quote Originally Posted by sscjoe View Post
    I also didn't find anything fun about boot camp, but then I wasn't there to have fun. Boot camp left a life long mark on me and I wouldn't trade that expeience for anything in the world, well except for maybe a night with Hally Barrie.
    I'd trade two boot camps for Kim Kardashian and three for Eva Mendes.

Quote Originally Posted by benw2200 View Post
    good point...good point

Quote Originally Posted by benw2200 View Post
    It's a recession man.
    Speculators on the open market have pushed the price of a Kim Kardashian up to the price of five Boot Camps.

Hell, I may even go so far to say that a Kim Kardashian is worth doing a full Pogue enlistment in a coed unit... and that's saying a lot.

Boot Camp was fun. I mean yeah it sucked but I find myself missing it at the weirdest times. You will hate it at first but you get used to it after a while and eventually it just becomes a joke. It's as good as you make it. If you have to run back and forth touching palm trees, race your fellow recruit. Don't get caught having a good time but it can only be as good as you make it. We had one guy, Bender, who couldn't hold his bearing at all who was doing pushups on the quarterdeck while laughing at the DI. and you'll look back and laugh at some of the stupid stuff you had to do.

Marine Boot camp is part of the tradition. Graduating as a Marine is becoming part of the legacy.

Thread Information