One small step... - Page 2
Create Post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    I finally swore in today at MEPS after spending 10 hours doing damn near nothing.
    Lol.....That's called 'hurry up and wait'.

Congratulations....

Quote Originally Posted by sbombard15 View Post
    I swore in yesterday to. I thought the depth chart was wicked hard but I made it through everything ok. Its just the first step but you feel awesome.

Ship date: 20100628
    MOS: open contract(until next fiscal year)
    Hey you did the exact same thing as me... You just ship one week after me.. Gosh... It's still over a whole year away!!! And yes to all of those who were asking I am a junior going to be a senior..

Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post

Congratulations....

Lol yeah, I was done and waiting to do the underwear olympics at 9:30.. I was done doing the good ol duck walk at 12:30. They made me wait for EVERYONE else.. We had one doctor doing 10 of us, and then he did the females before he went and did us, let alone he was slow as hell. Good times, got to know a few cool people. One guy was a SSgt. in the Army, he was in recon and was just telling us about the stuff he did (he was going OCS).

Quote Originally Posted by MarinesFTW View Post
    Hey you did the exact same thing as me... You just ship one week after me.. Gosh... It's still over a whole year away!!! And yes to all of those who were asking I am a junior going to be a senior..
    Im a junior going senior to. Got to wait till the new fiscal year to get 03xx and I will try to move my ship date up a week.

Poolee/DEP Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by ameriken View Post

Congratulations....
    My recruiter and the other recruiters during the trainings make us do that all the time. It has also made me learn the importance of bearing while in formation too. Nothing sucks more than standing at attention for what seems like forever and almost being able to parade rest and one of the recruiters does something hilarious and makes you laugh. Now you have to do smurf jumping jacks till your legs are jello, which by the way, will kill your run on the practice IST!

Poolee/DEP Free Member Hartford's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Lol, "underwear olympics"! Never heard that before, good stuff.

Good job, I went through the same thing Monday the 1st. My ship date will be 20100525 to MCRDPI, 3 days after i graduate lol. Why is yours so late?

Quote Originally Posted by Mttscreename View Post
    Good job, I went through the same thing Monday the 1st. My ship date will be 20100525 to MCRDPI, 3 days after i graduate lol. Why is yours so late?
    I graduate the 19th so i will try to move my ship date to the 21st.

Quote Originally Posted by deBeer View Post
    My recruiter and the other recruiters during the trainings make us do that all the time. It has also made me learn the importance of bearing while in formation too. Nothing sucks more than standing at attention for what seems like forever and almost being able to parade rest and one of the recruiters does something hilarious and makes you laugh. Now you have to do smurf jumping jacks till your legs are jello, which by the way, will kill your run on the practice IST!
    uhh yeah.. I was at a mini boot camp I was at the position of attention for 25 minutes. Me and a guy had to carry a broken poolee to this building and a DI found us. I was preaty much 2 scared to move..

Thread Information