Combat Fitness Test score...as important as PFT score?
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Question for all Marines out there:

I have received the second set of letters from my son in Boot Camp.....he just completed first (3) full weeks.....

His "standard" PFT score was 282.....however, a few days ago his Platoon ran what he called the new "Combat Fitness Test (CFT)".....he said his time in this event was the fastest in his Platoon....then apparently, he later recieved word that his CFT time was the fastest in his Company!

From what I understand, there are 60-70 guys per Platoon and about (5) Platoons per Company. Is this correct?

If so, that would make his the fastest CFT score among 300-350 recruits!

He didn't say what his time was, though.....however, I do remember him running the CFT at a huge, regional poolee function before he shipped-out and was the 2nd-fastest out of nearly 400 poolee's.....

I remember there being a 30-35 lb. ammo-box lifting event, also.......the poolee's had to raise and lower a full ammo-box from chest-height to above their head (with arms locked-out straight), then back down to chest-height. They had to do as many repitions as they could in 2:00 minutes......my son did 114 reps......

Just checking-in with you guys to see what is a reasonable time/score/ number of lifts in this new CFT event?

MotoDad out

Quote Originally Posted by MotoDad View Post
    Question for all Marines out there:

From what I understand, there are 60-70 guys per Platoon and about (5) Platoons per Company. Is this correct?

MotoDad out
    These numbers may vary but, if I recall correctly we had 3 platoons in the Company. Upon graduation my platoon had 78 Marines (we started with about 90 recruits). Keep in mind I graduated in 1959.

None the lesss, he appears to be doing one h*ll of a good job.

That really is impressive and a reason to be very proud.

My company graduated six platoons, of 60-80 Marines each. The number of platoons in a company is different for each company, and varies during different times of the year. The same is true with number of recruiters per platoon.

For example, the summertime will be more busy, with platoons usually full with around 90 recruits, six platoons per company. This is because the recruits who go to boot camp in the summer are the group that is going fresh out of high school, for the most part.

But yes, overall his scores are exceptional, and will serve him well.

Marine Family Free Member DevsDad's Avatar
    Credits
    Savings
    Outstanding MotoDad! Some find the CFT harder than the PFT, I know my son does. Well maybe not harder, but way different. A 282 PFT is a first rate score for sure. Sounds like the Corps may have another Le Animal in the ranks soon.

Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsDad View Post
    Outstanding MotoDad! Some find the CFT harder than the PFT, I know my son does. Well maybe not harder, but way different. A 282 PFT is a first rate score for sure. Sounds like the Corps may have another Le Animal in the ranks soon.

Thanks DevsDad!

My son trained pretty hard for 3-4 months before he shipped-out for boot camp.....he didn't think he would have too hard of a time PHYSICALLY in boot camp (and hasn't so far PHYSICALLY).....but the phsycological toll on him has been pretty high.....he is a strong Christian, so the DI's verbally beat him into the ground daily and IT him constantly....but he continues to maintain his Squad Leader position, Platoon Prayer Leader role and kicks a-- in PT daily!

Anyway, since he enlisted with a UZ contract for 0321 Reconnaissance, he NEEDS to be among the top level of recruits physically to even have a shot at making it into Recon......

Take care, my friend!

MotoDad

Thread Information