Various Questions...
Create Post

Various Questions...

Hello Marines.

I am a wannabe. I am 23 years old, I am 5'10", 215lbs. I just completed my second year of Law School. I would like to join the Marines, as it, it my opinion, best exemplifies the hardwork, dedication, and brotherhood that I hope one day I can be a part of.

Throughout my life I have always felt the call to service. I always postponed my service under the idea that I could better serve my country in a different capacity. I.E., a would better serve as a college grad, law school grad, etc.

It is my personal belief that every able bodied male should serve in some capacity for the United States of America.

But I digress....

I am recently engaged and I want to begin my law practice as soon as I graduate from Law School, so I have come to the conclusion that the Reserves would be the best route for me. I have talked to one recruiter over the phone, however, he did not take me seriously as I 25lbs overweight. This was, needless to say, discouraging, however, it is an issue that I must correct before I can join the Marines.

I would like to talk to a recruiter face to face and discuss various options. Do you think it would be prudent to wait until I have lost some weight before attempting to take to a recruiter face to face? I would not ship off to OCS until September 2010, since I want to finish Law School, take (and hopefully pass) the bar exam, and get married.

I would have loved to become a JAG Reservist in the Marine Corp, however, I was informed that the Marine Corp. does not have a JAG reserve unit. I therefore concluded that I should simply become a reservist Officer.

Can anyone tell me the progression to becoming an officer? I looked at the Marine.com website, and found it to be a bit confusing. I understand that I need to go to OCS and TBS. I assume after those two, I would recieve my MOS and then go to AIT?

Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Tom

Phantom Blooper
    Guest Free Member
    PM this Lt. he maybe able to answer your questions.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=22209

Thankyou sir.

Thread Information